Anyone else get paid irregularly?

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
We have some pretty cool salary options where I work... couple buddies/co-workers of mine get paid once a month, every two weeks, or weekly (me).

I don't think I could manage that amount of money if I got it once a MONTH, but some manage it pretty well. (Tax benefit?)

Anyway, I get paid Thursdays at 12AM... and I think that's pretty weird. (Only ever had Fridays.)

Just curious why kind of pay-days you guys get.

-Brent

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
every other thursday in the evening at the hardware store. at a country/convenience store i used to do some summer work for it was every friday evening (most people working there were living check-to-check anyway)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I have never had a choice at any employer for WHEN i would get paid.

When I was a contractor, I got paid weekly...

Then I went permanent with Macquarie Bank, and was paid monthly... I hated having to wait 4 weeks to get money!!!!

I am now paid fortnightly (every second Thursday at midday), and it is the best thing since sliced bread!!

Regardless of WHEN you are paid, as long as you have a good budget and stick to it, you'll be fine :)

Another great thing is to setup for all your bills, loan payments and savings to come out of your account automatically on payday via direct debit... Works great for me, because whatever is left is "play money" :D

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Most factories in my area pay Thursday morning,as long as people show up on Fridays,if not they start paying on Fridays.I worked at a corvette specialty shop for a couple years,they paid every Monday,kinda sucked,but made it easier to save money.

romaniello

Oct 28, 2005
Sanford, FL
Every 6th and 21st of the month. If it falls on Sunday or a Holiday, then the day before.
Like you, MK3Brent, it happens the night before at around midnight.

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
romaniello;1234422 said:
Every 6th and 21st of the month. If it falls on Sunday or a Holiday, then the day before.
Like you, MK3Brent, it happens the night before at around midnight.

I forgot about holidays... Yeah, same here. We get paid the night before them too.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
I get paid twice a month, the last working day before the 15th and the last working day before the last day of the month. I get a base salary that is split across those 2 cheques, and then an employee incentive that is paid in the middle of the month.

It makes the cheque in the middle of the month quite large compared to the one at the end of the month. I've also gotten paid weekly and bi-weekly as well. Never once a month. I don't really mind any way they work it out, as long as I get the same amount, it's all the same.

Jeff

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
I get paid on the 5th and the 20th of each month by direct deposit. The pay period is from the 1st to the 15th, and the 16th to the end of the month. Paydays are 5 days after the pay period ends.

I work 12 hour shifts, working 3 days on, and 3 days off. Then 4 days on, and 4 days off. It gives us the same amount of hours as someone working 5 eight hour days a week, or 4 ten hour days per week, but gives us the most time off each month.

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
I get paid twice a month right now and it's SUPER easy to manage that money. I never have to worry about bills or anything.

However, before they switched to this it was once a month. The thing that was nice about getting paid once a month was that it forced you to budget for the whole month. Now that I'm way ahead in my finances I don't really care how I get paid. Big monthly checks are kind of fun though :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Every Thursday at 8am when I show up to work. I direct deposit a large percentage of my check into my savings account, which is deposited on Wednesday evening.

When I was on nights, we'd get paid late Wednesday night, or at 5am Thursday when we got off- boss would hand out checks at the door on our way out.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I'm a contractor and I get a personal check every week (I have to save my own taxes and such)..

However, after this week, I'm going to get paid once every 2 weeks and it'll be direct deposit AND I'll have taxes taken out of it, so that's a big change for me..

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
I get paid weekly, plus my gi bill, plus veterans disabilty. Thats my regular pay.

My not so regular is where I actually make money. And that's side jobs, and buying and selling used cars and bikes. Dealer license FTMFW

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Every friday, I pick up my check, which handles gas, food, cigs and enjoying myself a little bit every week. For side jobs, my name is always Cash for personal checks, and Mike when I get paid in cash.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I use QuickBooks myself. I'm not steady enough (yet) to draw my own salary, so what I do currently is put all of the money in to the business account. Since I work out of my house, I pull expenses, allow myself NO MORE than 10% of whatever I've made over the week, after expenses, and re-invest the rest into my business in order to grow it.

I'm doing enough work now to honestly quit my part time job at the college, but I like having that safety net. I'm at the point where some honest advertising would be worthwhile.