Anyone down with mopeds(repair)

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Copy and pasted from my moped forum.

I need some help with my motobecane :[
________---------------________________-------------------_________________

Alright, I got this thing for $20 from a good friend after my disappointing Peugeot adventure.

It has been sitting for about 10 years untill now.

What I have done,(this is gonna be a ramble)

Drained gas tank, added new mixed gas
condenser under gas tank mod
fixed all wiring issues(minus one ground strap which I can’t find a good place for)
cleaned out the carb(its a pretty big Mukuni from some 2cyl yamaha golf cart, but it ran on that for a while my pal told me)
new fuel line
New spark plug

its getting gas. it has GREAT compression(100 miles on rebuild 10 years ago) but the spark is super intermittent. The wiring is GOOD and solid from what I can see.

So I’m down too two options. Timing and silly points. I’m gonna go find a huge filter wrench tomorrow and see if I can’t get the magneto cover off to A, remove old condenser and b, clean the points.

Am I on the right track?

IB TL;DR

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
i bet the points are all rusted and shot.....id tell him to take some sandpaper tot he magnets and the pickups and see if it improves...if it does then id also recommend getting new ones.....much less stress involved in a two stroke motor when it comes to diagnosing problems

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
p1116378_1.jpg

shits legit, 60+ MPG fasho

but so you guyts are all backing me on the points?

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
there isn't any inbetween for me ian, its either a huge fucking car

or the smaller transportation possible

Ineed to find a strap wrench. Somthing about 4 inches in diameter. With a leather or rubber end to wrap around my magneto drum, so I can remove it with a 3/8ths breaker.

Most hardware stores had ought to have one eh?

NJBoostin

Dec 29, 2007
New Jersey
same shit happen to a old puch moped i had , before you go and get a new crab mess with your jetting drop down the main and exparment jets from Mopedwarehouse.com are cheep

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
What happened to the MR2? 60MPG isn't enough to deal with riding something that homo, especially when you have an MR2 that probably gets 40...

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
mr2 gets around 33-34 with me beating around on it.

And awesomeness is in the eye of the beholder, I'm gonna have fun with this thing.

I need to fix so much on it. It looks like now I'm just going to hardwire it so I have a taillight, and a headlamp and ignition, to kill It I'll need to pull the decompressor I guess.

And I need a new intake pipe.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I kept considering a scooter... and then thought how gay it is and that I need a real motorcycle :rofl:

The banana seat is killing me :rofl:

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
No, scooters are gay. Mopeds are pretty cool.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it now other than get its engine perfect, gonna get it all awesome, then figure out the wiring, its really frustrating.