Anyone be interested in a 7mge cold air box ?

CT26smoker

Banned
May 25, 2010
Houston
slow_yota;1665571 said:
on the hemholtz it does reduce sound, This is what our super mod ma70.ent said

"Intake- The stock intake in itself is a good flowing cold air intake, and the helmholtz resonator (intake resonator) is actually good for performance and should not be removed."

Yeah, I've seen forum experts in one thread after another saying it needs to stay for one reason or another,
but bottom line, it is a sound dampener only.
You never see them on any race application anywhere, and they are never found on any intake design information.
F1 engines, have never used them, and no GP bike has ever used them.
Personally, I like hearing the intake.
But each their own........

slow_yota;1665571 said:
I have a hook uo, Local guy that is very cool about prices.
Charged me $100 to ceramic coat my obx long tube header for the 7mge, valve covers and intake mani.
I don't know what he will charge me when I go pick it up, He just gave me such a good deal last time..I wasn't too worried.

Damn good price !

slow_yota

Gotta Pay To Play
That is true..Intake on race applications are always straight through.

I think I will need to do a dyno before & after everything is done and see if the dyno proves that a resonator is better than a non resonator intake..or vice versa...We will see.Come to think of it I may do a dyno of a paper filter in its stock form and my cai says as well.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
CT26smoker;1665682 said:
Yeah, I've seen forum experts in one thread after another saying it needs to stay for one reason or another,
but bottom line, it is a sound dampener only.
You never see them on any race application anywhere, and they are never found on any intake design information.
F1 engines, have never used them, and no GP bike has ever used them.
Personally, I like hearing the intake.
But each their own........

Yeah, bottom line, it IS a sound dampener, and while it may not help performance, it probably doesn't hurt it at all. There's no point in removing it unless you want to hear the intake, or you're trying to make everything "pretty and uniform" with a straight pipe.

slow_yota

Gotta Pay To Play
Majority of the cost will reflect how many ppl want one and how much I can get my powder coating guy to do a "lot" of them for.
I would def need a bulk pre-paid order for them, The guy I use lives about 75 minutes from me.So just for one intake box thats 150 miles.In any case..Im down in Florida until school is over, I'll be back up in Indiana in May.I'll post pics and group buy thread if I have that much interest.If not, You're/Anyone is welcome to follow in my foot steps.