Anybody running an automatic with an EMS?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm going to remove my r154 and install a built a340 that I've already paid for. I've also ordered a suprastick electronic shifter. http://latentsolutions.com/suprastickuv.html . I was told by Garrett @ Latent solutions that my tranny had to be manual line pressure controlled, and I was told by the guy I'm buying the tranny from that it is. Hopefully this won't be too hard of an install, but who knows.
I was wanting to hear from any of you that have did this to see what you used to control your shift points. The guy I'm buying the tranny from had it in an s14 using the stock 1jz ecu. Any advice or pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks., Jay

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I was just kidding. I don't really have a problem with this, but I was feeling a bit lonely and thought I'd use this thread as an excuse to chat back and forth with a few upstanding supra owners. Unfortunately, that didn't work either. Have a nice day.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I haven't made up my mind about selling it yet. I want to make sure I get the auto running with no bugs first.

I love boobies.........especially when theyre jumping up and down.....lol

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
57trimMKIII;1889407 said:
I love chicks without arms.
Careful not to let this get NWS on us... ;)

Kinda had me wondering a bit there Jay. Autos can be fun if they're manually controlled. I've never been a fan of them downshifting or upshifting without me telling it to... :)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
My suprastick came in today. Now all I need is the plug that plugs into the transmission that will have the SS wired into it. I found someone willing to make one for a hundred dollars, but that seems a bit high. Unfortunately I can't find anybody that has one. I guess I'll be ordering it from him soon.

The good thing about the suprastick Brad, is that it can be shifted manually with the cruise control paddle.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
suprahero;1893785 said:
My suprastick came in today. Now all I need is the plug that plugs into the transmission that will have the SS wired into it. I found someone willing to make one for a hundred dollars, but that seems a bit high. Unfortunately I can't find anybody that has one. I guess I'll be ordering it from him soon.

The good thing about the suprastick Brad, is that it can be shifted manually with the cruise control paddle.

Only Up....

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IJ.;1893799 said:
Only Up....
Never been in a car with one. Does it hold a gear until you hit the button to upshift then?

suprahero;1893941 said:
Only up? Down shifts are for when you're slowing down anyways.............lol
Always found driving like that easier for hills, slowing down for an anticipated stop, cooling the engine off, etc... Very much prefer having complete control over the trans.

IJ.;1893942 said:
Yep mechanical limitation of the 340, can't engine brake on downshifts.
I'm starting to think the LS400 (and possibly the MkIV by extension) might have a different version of this transmission then. Drop a gear or two in the LS, and you will slow down, quite a bit if you drop into 1st. :p

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Drop a gear in a 7M/340 via the buttons and it'll freewheel till road speed drops or engine speed raises, doesn't matter which controller you use.

I much prefer the PCS to the SSv4 having used both.

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
I have this kit and have had for over 3 years. Never found or heard of anyone over here in the UK that got it to work. Mine still sits the garage where it has been since i got it. Very frustrating.