Any other BMW owners here? Post Pics of your BMW...

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
IBoughtASupra;1848819 said:
Clearly you missed this part or you lacked the understanding of what I was saying here.
Oh!!!!! that's why you are all split personality on me. I wasn't directing that at you! Buddy! Come on!

It was just a trigger for how gay I thought it was for people to have pictures of themselves on hand, all stemming from that guy with all the self portraits in his apartment. It was... off-putting. And I think I might be suffering from a little PTSD because of that guy.

I feel bad. I really didn't make that connection that you might take that as a personal slam. Honestly, nothing could be further from the truth. In fact there would be NOTHING you could say to me that would upset or offend me. Unless of course you are mad at me, like now. That kinda sucks.

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
Poodles;1848916 said:
but but...you're a chick, you have to post pics to prove it :p

The Internet: Where women are men, men are boys, and boys are the FBI. :rofl:

But anyway, yeah, you gotta find better guys lol

Easy there big fella, I found one, take it easy. From a blackberry though, sorry for the quality.
p1848968_1.jpg

I could just get the camera but it's all the way across the room, and the shelf is kinda high so.... You'll have to live with this one. Roman took a pic of me my first time at Mongolian Grill. It was awesome, I wanna go right now. and just so I don't feel completely self-centered here are more pics of the M3:

p1848968_2.jpg

p1848968_3.jpg

p1848968_4.jpg

p1848968_5.jpg

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
......And just because it's so beautiful and I miss driving it so very much.
p1848973_1.jpg

p1848973_2.jpg

Look at the cars I own. Damn I'm lucky. The memory of them will keep me warm at night when I'm living out of a dumpster in 10 years. I'm the poster child of bad priorities.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
honeydew;1848345 said:
Hey guys,

I got my E46 2003 M3 about a year and a half ago. Moon/Sun roof, Dark Blue, 19"X9" in the rear, immaculate 98,000Kms, Black int., 6-Speed manual, Stock. As slow as my Supra build was going it REALLY didn't need me to get this M3. I thought the novelty would wear off by now but no luck for the Supra.

I had only experienced the sedan side of BMW ad nauseum. I had always coveted the Z3 Coupe but never actually met anyone who owned one and have only seen 4 since 1999. BMW's had always felt like an unreachable luxury that didn't really suit me anyway. Kinda like a Cadillac.

I was looking for something I could drive to work but be able to hang with the usual suspects. I also needed a car I could grow up with, that my potential boyfriend/husband wouldn't make me sell because of impracticality.

I needed something I would not be tempted to mod. My only option there would be a naturally aspirated format. Once you get an EVO, a WRX or turbo whatever the first thing you want to do it get a boost controller, and it's all downhill from there.

I bought this car based on what it is on paper. I was sold on it before I ever got in one.

Driving the M3 the first couple of times I really didn't think much. Based on it's stats I expected something different. I have been in many sport cars that boast similar performance. I expected the typical weight-reducing, power-saving nuances that we live with and make excuses for because we're having fun.

The driving position is very un-sport-car-like. The seats are comfortable but offer practical side support. They have a pop out insert under the knees to reduce long distance fatigue. It also has useable back seats! I've since driven with 6-footers sitting in the back.

On the street it is quiet and straight. There is not even the faintest rattle in the cabin and the outside noise is properly muted. Huge trunk with a really cool reversible carpet to rubber insert in case you are transporting something wet and/or dirty (ie.tires). Back seats fold down instead of the little ski-hole.

Bum warmers and frigid A/C with a zillion options for climate control. Tons of sensors for idiot proofing maintenance. Electronic everything else. Other than the 6Speed Manual shifter and the stiff-ish ride I really had no indication of the track animal I had researched. It felt so civilized.

The clutch is easy. The handling is deceptive to the car's power as well. It's easy to handle and the rear end is very solid. It has an amazing traction control that doesn't kick in too soon but has the option of turning it off completely.

Taking it into high rev's it seems to mimic a Forced induction power band EXCEPT that the M3 doesn't slow down the higher into the power band you go like with a turbo. It keeps pulling exponentially hard well after 7000 RPM. Shockingly so. The throttle response is just awesome.

It's only until you push the car that you begin to see and really appreciate what BMW has done. It really is the best of both worlds with no sacrifice on either side. What is special is that this 2003 M3 is still relevant, it's timeless in design and still produces competitive power. Plus it's a BMW.

It's been absolutely perfect so far with no complaints. I would definitely recommend.

It's very fun on the AutoX, so reliable/consistent almost to a flaw.

It's nice to have a monster that doesn't really advertise that it's a monster. No one really pays attention to the car unless they know M3's. I haven't done anything to it so it looks pretty tame.

p1848985_1.jpg
Did anybody else start reading this in Jeremy Clarkson's voice about halfway through? :p
-AM3

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
te72;1848887 said:
Takes time to learn to live with your own inherent awesomeness. ;)

Sig'd :)

honeydew;1848959 said:
Oh!!!!! that's why you are all split personality on me. I wasn't directing that at you! Buddy! Come on!

"He's not your buddy, Guy!"

tumblr_lo864uXOUT1qmn7mjo1_500.gif

honeydew;1848968 said:
I could just get the camera but it's all the way across the room, and the shelf is kinda high so.... You'll have to live with this one (...)

You are awesome.

Another MkIII;1848985 said:
Did anybody else start reading this in Jeremy Clarkson's voice about halfway through? :p
-AM3

Lulz

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
-AM3
I could have, but there was a distinct lack of "...in the world." in there. :p

Definitely a good looking car though, now for the tough question Sarah... can you pick a favorite? :naughty:

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
te72;1849231 said:
Definitely a good looking car though, now for the tough question Sarah... can you pick a favorite? :naughty:

Good one. I have thought about that very seriously since I bought the M3 a year and a half ago. Even now, I read your post then stared at the screen blankly for roughly 30 minutes.

It's not really a fair comparison because they are so different. Beauty Vs. Brains.... BUT

If they both ran perfectly and there was no issue with winter..... Supra. Hands down.

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Something about these cars, isn't there? I don't think I could be without a Supra, it would just feel so very wrong to me. Doesn't really matter WHICH Supra I have, just so long as I have at least one. Currently have a Mk2 and a Mk3, the old lady is saving up for a MkIV, I'll have fun with that one too I'm sure.

Miata was a good companion to the Mk3, I suspect for a lot of the same reasons you love your M3, but I lived in Arizona at the time. Perfect car there really, once you get over the looks.

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
te72;1850101 said:
Something about these cars, isn't there? I don't think I could be without a Supra, it would just feel so very wrong to me. Doesn't really matter WHICH Supra I have, just so long as I have at least one. Currently have a Mk2 and a Mk3, the old lady is saving up for a MkIV, I'll have fun with that one too I'm sure.

Miata was a good companion to the Mk3, I suspect for a lot of the same reasons you love your M3, but I lived in Arizona at the time. Perfect car there really, once you get over the looks.

I don't know that I would feel the same way about another Supra unless it was as clean. It's only a Red MkIII Turbo, targa for me. This Supra is such a classic/timeless GT.

Regarding the M3: How much ripping around could I really do in a lifetime? I guess a lot in the M3 if I had an unlimited budget for tires and clutches. It's so satisfying when people comment (especially when older people comment) or are shocked about the Supra's age and remark on how much I must suffer to keep it in good shape. Because I do. I also take a great deal of time to keep the M3 mint but it just doesn't show. It's not flashy, people do NOT respect it (ie, people will sit on the hood, lean against it with jean rivets, open doors into it, etc..) and it's not that rare or unique looking. The M3's appeal absolutely includes the looks but moreover leans toward it's engineering.

I mostly want to cruise the highway at twilight with the roof off. That's what a MKIII Supra is for. It really is special.

IDK if this gets across what I'm trying to express, it's hard to explain.

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
-AM3

That's got to be a compliment. Thanks? No one else has their M3 pics or drives any BMW? That can't be....

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
honeydew;1850309 said:
I mostly want to cruise the highway at twilight with the roof off. That's what a MKIII Supra is for. It really is special.

IDK if this gets across what I'm trying to express, it's hard to explain.
Sorry to hear about how people treat the M3... might keep a flyswatter around and smack the shit out of them when they do that.

I get what you're saying about the Mk3 on the right day. It is why I'm going to miss having a targa, riding home with it off just makes all the stress of the day go away... Also why I might have a problem picking out whether I want a Targa or hardtop NSX in a few years...

honeydew;1850311 said:
That's got to be a compliment. Thanks? No one else has their M3 pics or drives any BMW? That can't be....
Pretty sure Shaeff is the only one on here with an M3. There is a guy that goes by 525gte on here, has a 1j swapped old school 5...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
te72;1850332 said:
Sorry to hear about how people treat the M3... might keep a flyswatter around and smack the shit out of them when they do that.

I get what you're saying about the Mk3 on the right day. It is why I'm going to miss having a targa, riding home with it off just makes all the stress of the day go away... Also why I might have a problem picking out whether I want a Targa or hardtop NSX in a few years...

Pretty sure Shaeff is the only one on here with an M3. There is a guy that goes by 525gte on here, has a 1j swapped old school 5...

Man, I've been so busy lately I forgot to check back in here. There are a few other members here that drive BMWs besides me. I know that BorHor has a '99ish e36 M3 sedan five speed, Estoril Blue. http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?76836-M3-Project-JDM-Euro!

meikedmr has a 5 series, I think.

Relax has an e36 M3, but I don't know if he's still a Supra owner. His M3 is gorgeous, though.

arizzle has a 328i M package car.

I haven't seen many of them around lately, though. But as I said above, I'm not around all that often either. Life is getting hectic. Crunch time for the next year straight.

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
LunaVyohr;1848536 said:
When I have a steady source of income, I'm seriously considering buying an E34 M5. I love my buddy's Dinan E36 M3, but I'm more into GT/cruising cars than all out sports cars, so I think the M5 would suit me better.

Save the money, ride the bus, do it. it'll be so worth it. There is no English word....

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
^Wait, an unsolicited picture of a girl on a car forum? Lucky day... Car looks good too.

Speaking of the M3, my old lady came across a silver one of that generation that she rather liked. I was a little surprised to be honest, I didn't think that she would have liked the styling of it. Cars treating you well, I trust?