any one remember...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
the other forum that was attempted called something like gte power .com or something like that?

it was started (or just promoted?) by some wack job that was affiliated with mdc motorsports and boost lee....

i know some of you were/are members there. whats the site?

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
no not that site, which is pretty cool.

it was purely a forum and for a little while there were people here trying to get members to join up over there. i think tanya is/was a member.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Supracentral;1222943 said:
It was actually http://www.7mpowered.com/

It's down.

Lagged, you're very funny.

i think you are reading much too deeply into this.

i can see where you think i might be trying to bring up shit and be an instigator, but ive never done anything of the sort on this forum.

honestly the shit going on over on SF and over here has just inspired me to read some more humorous commentary from some of the more "out there" members of the supra community.

nothing more, nothing less.

lanky189

Jan 13, 2009
Lynchburg, Va
I thought 7mpowered was started by mwebber? or maybe not. mwebber started solme site for 7ms cuz he had a mk2 with 7mgte....i wonder were the hell he is? we used to hang out all the damn time....he's the reason I had a mk2

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Mr.PFloyd;1223173 said:
This drama is hilarious and it is gonna split up part of the supra community.

Doubtful. We've had stuff like that in the past, in the end the badly run sites wind up sad, abandoned little holes in the web. The good ones succeed. I'm a firm believer in competition.

If you don't like the current mousetrap, build a better one.

We may not be the biggest Supra site, but I think we're the best run. Others would probably disagree with that, but opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, most of them stink.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Mr.PFloyd;1223173 said:
Congrats. You removed all doubt as Mark Twain wrote.

This drama is hilarious and it is gonna split up part of the supra community.

Supracentral;1223219 said:
Doubtful. We've had stuff like that in the past, in the end the badly run sites wind up sad, abandoned little holes in the web. The good ones succeed. I'm a firm believer in competition.

If you don't like the current mousetrap, build a better one.

We may not be the biggest Supra site, but I think we're the best run. Others would probably disagree with that, but opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, most of them stink.

This kind of thing does split the supra community. There is not one single place we can all go.

With banning contributing members they are gone and their knowledge on current issues is lost.

Not trying to be "disobedient" but Mike you have become "the man"

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
funky_monkey58;1223242 said:
This kind of thing does split the supra community. There is not one single place we can all go.

If there's a ban that is unjustified, you let me know about it and I'll take a look.

With banning contributing members they are gone and their knowledge on current issues is lost.

When a member runs a group buy, we excpect... No.. We demand that they conduct themselves in a professional manner. Jaguar did not, and went the extra mile to start a flame war, tell everyone he's 'doing them a favor' and that they aren't his customers so they can just go to hell if they have a complaint.

Those actions led to my telling him his group buy days were over. His reaction to that? A calm reply? A request to reconsider? No, instead we got an embarrassing public meltdown, complete with name calling.

That subsequent set of actions led to a ban. Why? Not because he called me names. People call me names all the damned time. But because he disrupted the peace of this forum and went unhinged. We learned long ago that when someone loses it like that, they aren't going to stop. They are going to drag it into every thread they can, edit posts and just generally act like a two year old. That disrupts the forum, and that's what we don't allow to happen. We ban them quickly. Is he ever welcome back? That's up to him.

Not trying to be "disobedient" but Mike you have become "the man"

Hell, you don't have to be "obedient" - you follow the rules - you aren't banned - and disagreeing with me isn't going to put you in any jeopardy around here.

This forum is constantly growing. And our members keep coming back, and the number of unique, logged in users, grows every day. Over a thousand people come to this site every day. Over seven thousand people visit this site on a regular basis. That isn't because this forum is poorly run by some tyrannical maniac.

Less than 1% of users have any level of problems around here. Less than 10% of those reach the point where bans are issued.

That 1/10th of 1% can go elsewhere, we don't need them, no matter what they bring to the table (knowledge, experience, etc) is overshadowed by their bad behavior and disruption to the site.

But as I said, you don't have to agree with me, you're entitled to your opinion. And as long as you present it in a way that doesn't disrupt the operations of this site, no one on the staff will even say "boo" to you about it.

Jaguar unhinged, and that's why he's not welcome here. Period.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I can REMEMBER when I first became aware of who Mike was. I had made a comment in sarcasm, but I was the only one who read the sarcasm in it. Mike made a comment, to which I responded with "STFU, Who the hell asked you", and he calmly responded via PM, and told me exactly who he was. I hope that subsequent PM's between us smoothed that over and he now has no problem with me. Respect my knowledge?

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Supracentral;1223219 said:
but I think we're the best run.

i think you and me understand each other a little better now after talking through PMs and AGAIN, i would like to say i agree. i think SM is a great place.

the reason i wanted to see 7mpowered was purely for entertainment purposes. i checked it out a few times and from what i gathered, well.. lets just say HommerSimpson would have fit right in.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
LOL - I remember that.

Like I said, people are free to disagree with me, dislike me, hell you can even call me names if you like.

Just don't disrupt the site.

I've got no problem with you, you're good in my book. :)

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
apparently someone is trying to instigate a ban for me saying i have 2 user names.
edit. i love the last people to view his profile as well haha
p1223292_1.jpg

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Mr.PFloyd;1223292 said:
apparently someone is trying to instigate a ban for me saying i have 2 user names.

No, actually they have PM'd you (at my instruction) informing you that two user names violates the rules, as you well know.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67647

Simply replying to the PM, and informing us which account you'd like to keep will handle this...

See how easy that is? Nobody wants to ban you...

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
... it is sad that people assume so much. that is not an extra account. I do not know why you would assume that aside from logs in from ip addresses.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Mr.PFloyd;1223295 said:
... it is sad that people assume so much. that is not an extra account. I do not know why you would assume that aside from logs in from ip addresses.

Since the account contains "Cryo" (part of your former user name CryoSlash), the IP address matches yours, and the registration was created from the same computer as the one you were logging in from with your current account, I think it's not particularly out of line to suspect that it's a duplicate, no?

But we didn't ban you, or go off the handle, or infract you or any of those things.

We asked you privately what's up.

Once again, you can reply to the PM, explaining it...

Or you can do it out here in public if that makes you feel better.

Either way, what's so difficult or out of line about this sequence of events?

Is there something egregiously outrageous about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.