Any 2 Wheel Lovers on the forums

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
mkiiSupraMan18;1915787 said:
Picking up an 06 DRZ400SM in the AM...MRD exhaust, Upgraded carb, 435 werks big bore kit, and hot cams.

Can't wait.

Those very good bikes, I really want a sm

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Picked it up this morning... Holy F that thing is fun.

Of course riding when it's 30deg outside with a 15-20mph wind blows.

Still logged a 12 mile test ride. Boo Yah!

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
mkiiSupraMan18;1916105 said:
Picked it up this morning... Holy F that thing is fun.

Of course riding when it's 30deg outside with a 15-20mph wind blows.

Still logged a 12 mile test ride. Boo Yah!

Congrats dude! Any picts?

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Me and my 4 year old has some fun yesterday...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361731402639.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361731402639.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 20

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Haven't had time to go through the thread. Will check out everyone's bikes in a bit!

Please welcome my baby

p1918808_1.jpg

p1918808_2.jpg

p1918808_3.jpg

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
jetjock;1919013 said:
Been riding since I was 17. Got the disabled plates and permanent injuries to prove it. Not to rain on anyone's parade but your time will come too. Here's hoping you survive.
I've been riding a very long time as well. I've had lots of friends die, and I've seen accidents happen too.
The biggest love of my life has been racing my CBR 9RR. I've spent lots of time at 45 degrees or lower.
To me, riding near the edge of my limits (not beyond) gave me the feeling of what I would image what it would feel like to win the lottery: that thrilling, that adrenaline pumping, that level of feeling so alive and exited.
Others that I knew paid a heavy price.
I don't think it is for everyone. I definitely would not want to ride any bike if I lived in NYC, LA, or any other highly congested city. I am not for fathers riding either--they need to be around for their obligations!

There are so many dangerous things in life. A person might avoid all of them, yet get killed or permanently injured due to something that one wouldn't think would be dangerous.
Looking back at my life, I've done so many dangerous things and had lots of fun doing them, yet it was the things that I never would have thought much of that cause me my biggest injuries.
Regardless of all that, if I were to have a son, I would not want him to do anything dangerous, not even play football. heheh

IanC

Jul 13, 2012
Maryville, TN
jetjock;1919013 said:
Been riding since I was 17. Got the disabled plates and permanent injuries to prove it. Not to rain on anyone's parade but your time will come too. Here's hoping you survive.

I come from a family of riders, my father raced, my mother rode when it was taboo for women to ride, three of my four siblings ride. It's not just a hobby for us it truly is a way of life. Dad worded it this way, "When you sit on that seat you're signing a contract that states you will have the time of your life but one day you will have to pay up." Everyone in my family is well aware of the consequences. All but one of us has been down at least once. Situational awareness is absolutely the most important aspect of riding motorcycles. You have to know what's going on around you at all times and have an escape planned for every potential hazard before it even becomes a true threat. Never ride above 90% of your current skill level to allow 10% extra push to avoid threats. Have fun, ride often and be safe.

If any of you ever find yourselves in East TN for the riding drop me a PM. Just promise to go easy on my old ass and my even older bikes.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
@ Tony: I was going to say exactly the same. People with children should put some things off until later.

Racing is fine as long as it's on the track and you're wearing gear. Street riding in urban areas, dealing with the cages, is near suicide. Especially in parts of the country where many people were driving oxen in a rice paddy six months before they immigrated and got behind the wheel of that Lexus.

That said I know what you mean. I routinely fly a few hundred feet above the desert floor at 400 mph. Talk about an exercise in being alive. It's true what they say: if you're bored with life, risk it.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Did my wife PM you guys and pay you to post that?

I'll go when it's my time and not a moment sooner... bike, car, minivan, hot dog, or chicken attack.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Recent pic of mine. Did some major cleaning after it had to sit outside my apartment at school for a year.

843880_815167740431_1750381119_o.jpg

A. Jay;1913338 said:
Most bikes can't run on 87 octane :)

You'd be surprised. I run both my bikes on 87. Even at the track. Plenty other bikes run fine on 87 as well.

CRsupraiii;1913976 said:
Looking to buy a new bike for this season. Wanting a CBR600 badly. Any owners?? I'd love an 07-08 but not holding my breath.

It's a HONDA. what else do you need to know? CBR600 is awesome. This (my) model CBR is really great because the bike is fantastic and there are PLENTY used/spare parts should you need them as the bike is 90% the same from 07-12. You should be able to find one for a great price since the model ran for so long.

mkiiSupraMan18;1915787 said:
Picking up an 06 DRZ400SM in the AM...MRD exhaust, Upgraded carb, 435 werks big bore kit, and hot cams.

Can't wait.

niiiiiccccccccccceeeeeeee

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Supra_dan;1918808 said:
Haven't had time to go through the thread. Will check out everyone's bikes in a bit!

Please welcome my baby

p1919908_1.jpg

p1919908_2.jpg

p1919908_3.jpg

Fuck you. kidding. But I've been lusting after the 749/999 for a long time. Long before I even started riding. It's one of my goals this year to acquire one. Haven't decided if I want the 749 or 999. Will probably depend on availability and price. As long as it's 05-06, red, and monoposto. I'm thinking a 749S or base 999 are the most likely I'll get but I have seen some nicely priced R versions of both bikes that really make me think they'd be worth the extra coin.

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
OneJoeZee;1919906 said:
Recent pic of mine. Did some major cleaning after it had to sit outside my apartment at school for a year.

You'd be surprised. I run both my bikes on 87. Even at the track. Plenty other bikes run fine on 87 as well.

It's a HONDA. what else do you need to know? CBR600 is awesome. This (my) model CBR is really great because the bike is fantastic and there are PLENTY used/spare parts should you need them as the bike is 90% the same from 07-12. You should be able to find one for a great price since the model ran for so long.

God..red and black is a perfect color combo.

Always loved me some cbr

If I could do things over I would have gotten 05-06 749. Mostly for aesthetics. The red frame is nice, steering damper woulda been nice too.
Well I don't know about that last part. I seem to get out of 'tank slappers' easier on this bike than my 2011gsxR (had a steering damper)
idk

This bike isn't the greatest by any means. However I love the styling and uniqueness. Steering seems a lil heavy only at sometimes. It is nice and sturdy entrance-mid-exit corner though. Nice and stable.

Now to be completely honest. I miss the hell out of my Suzuki. Everything about it was so much better I guess you can say.

Granted my bike is 7 years old. I can't imagine what a new Ducatio feels like. Can't wait to get there one day.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
jetjock;1919114 said:
Racing is fine as long as it's on the track and you're wearing gear. Street riding in urban areas, dealing with the cages, is near suicide. Especially in parts of the country where many people were driving oxen in a rice paddy six months before they immigrated and got behind the wheel of that Lexus.
This is what keeps me off of a bike. If I'm ever so fortunate to live somewhere that a quick trailer trip to the track is a possibility, I'll likely own a sport bike of some sort. I just refuse to share the road with idiots in cars. At least on a track, you're only sharing the road with idiots on bikes. :p

jetjock;1919114 said:
That said I know what you mean. I routinely fly a few hundred feet above the desert floor at 400 mph. Talk about an exercise in being alive. It's true what they say: if you're bored with life, risk it.
Haha, show off. I bet that's some real perspective of speed right there... no wonder you got bored with the Supra.

mkiiSupraMan18;1919838 said:
I'll go when it's my time and not a moment sooner... bike, car, minivan, hot dog, or chicken attack.
Knowing what I know of you, I'd put my money on that last one. ;)

Captain

Sep 30, 2008
NM
Supra_dan;1920167 said:
This bike isn't the greatest by any means. However I love the styling and uniqueness. Steering seems a lil heavy only at sometimes. It is nice and sturdy entrance-mid-exit corner though.

If you raise the rear of the bike a bit your turn in will feel a bit "lighter". Did this on mine and feels a lot better.

Joe:
I have never owned a Honda but I sold my R1 as soon as I had the opportunity to pick up my 749 and have not looked back. There isnt as much top end as the liter bikes but the low end grunt makes up for it I think. If you end up with a 749 and get bored, the 999 drops right in with the same harness and even ECU with a reflash.

Oh and pics:
p1921592_1.jpg

p1921592_2.jpg

IanC

Jul 13, 2012
Maryville, TN
Duc's are nice bikes no doubt but I do a lot of all day rides and after an hour on a Duc I feel like I'm riding a torture rack. Regardless, I'd love to have a Streetfighter or 916 in my stable. The aesthetics of the 749/999 never caught my eye though.