Anti lag system vs 2 step launch control

hex.amilli

Oct 7, 2014
plus.google.com
Hey guys,

I have been searching this topic and its very opinionated not info on both, what are the differences if any could you guys shed some light on this if you guys are familiar with em anything helps

Thanks

90 BMW E30
90 SUPRA MK3

www.TurboBuilds.com
DREAM.BUILD.DRIVE

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
You use a 2 step for staging, and anti lag to launch the car. Only rally cars use anti lag for keeping spool up for between shifts.

A 2 step keeps the rpms constant irrelevant of all other things (not interested in building boost). Anti lag keeps the rpms constant but also builds boost to aid with spool.

There are anti lag and 2 step modules, and ECUs that have these limiters already in place if you'd like to set them up.

hex.amilli

Oct 7, 2014
plus.google.com
Good thanks, the rally anti lag is what I'm interested in from what I have been reading there is also 2 different setups a rally and a drag setup. Rally being a bit more complicated but I can't find extensive info as to a parts list and install and setup info. Any info you can offer is great thanks guys

90 BMW E30
90 SUPRA MK3

www.TurboBuilds.com
DREAM.BUILD.DRIVE

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
SideWinderGX;2038587 said:
You use a 2 step for staging, and anti lag to launch the car. Only rally cars use anti lag for keeping spool up for between shifts.

A 2 step keeps the rpms constant irrelevant of all other things (not interested in building boost). Anti lag keeps the rpms constant but also builds boost to aid with spool.

There are anti lag and 2 step modules, and ECUs that have these limiters already in place if you'd like to set them up.

Not entirely true...Rally cars do use it...but they are not the ONLY ones that use it. Several guys around town here in AZ have rolling anti-lag setups that they use for roll racing...

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
DeMoN2318;2038646 said:
Not entirely true...Rally cars do use it...but they are not the ONLY ones that use it. Several guys around town here in AZ have rolling anti-lag setups that they use for roll racing...

Rolling anti lag is used before you start accelerating to keep the boost up (it also keeps you at exactly the speed you're going whenever you depress the switch to enable it, which is very helpful), it does not automatically enable itself in between shifts after you go WOT.

hex: I don't think I've seen any threads, here or on SF, which detail how to enable antilag between shifts. To be honest there's so few people that would use it you're going to have a hard time finding solid info on it.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
^^ right, you can usually set a RPM trigger that enables it and then it is activated with a switch...

atleast thats how ProEFI works...

hex.amilli

Oct 7, 2014
plus.google.com
SideWinderGX;2038669 said:
Rolling anti lag is used before you start accelerating to keep the boost up (it also keeps you at exactly the speed you're going whenever you depress the switch to enable it, which is very helpful), it does not automatically enable itself in between shifts after you go WOT.

hex: I don't think I've seen any threads, here or on SF, which detail how to enable antilag between shifts. To be honest there's so few people that would use it you're going to have a hard time finding solid info on it.
I haven't been able to locate anything either, this is going to be harder then I thought.

90 BMW E30
90 SUPRA MK3

www.TurboBuilds.com
DREAM.BUILD.DRIVE