Another new show project...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
GrimJack;1825691 said:
I don't know much about decoding the VIN, however, it would be a simple task to create one with any options you like and send you a PDF so you can print it yourself.
I'm sure Jeff could be a great help with this project. Really cool Grim, really cool. Reminds me of the "EPA/CARB exempt" stickers that a buddy of mine showed me. I guess they were a dealer's way of listing modifications as being "acceptable". We intend to have a big of fun with one for my car. :evil2:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I think I'm done. :)

project_s_06.png

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
That looks really good!

GrimJack;1825691 said:
I don't know much about decoding the VIN, however, it would be a simple task to create one with any options you like and send you a PDF so you can print it yourself.

It would be really cool if you would do that. The original window sticker is one of the few things that I don't have for my car.

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
OneJArpus;1826142 said:
Cool, would be cool to have a modification list look like this so it seems original, but it show cases the mods on the car

I like that idea! Kinda neat..
Would be cool to have an original, and one with all the mods listed.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
One with a mods list would be cool, but Id be afraid to put in the dollar amount for those options. The total at the end might make me sick

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Jayhall;1826263 said:
One with a mods list would be cool, but Id be afraid to put in the dollar amount for those options. The total at the end might make me sick
Yeah, no shit... I like the idea, but on the other hand, it scares me. I keep trying to tell myself it will perform better than ANY new car for less than half the price of said new car... it helps me sleep at night. :p

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
te72;1826283 said:
Yeah, no shit... I like the idea, but on the other hand, it scares me. I keep trying to tell myself it will perform better than ANY new car for less than half the price of said new car... it helps me sleep at night. :p

Right, until you add something else that breaks or need to replace due to old age lol. I made a spread sheet with all the added parts from over the years when I swapped to the 1J that I had bought with a est price or what I paidover the years.

I was well over 15k in just parts alone for my current supra and that's not adding the 6k I paid for the car lol nor adding the parts from the 7m that was in the car.

Good lord if I added up the previous 3 supra's that I owned and all the parts from them I'm sure id be in the low to mid 40k range Haha.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Zerocool;1826301 said:
Right, until you add something else that breaks or need to replace due to old age lol. I made a spread sheet with all the added parts from over the years when I swapped to the 1J that I had bought with a est price or what I paidover the years.

I was well over 15k in just parts alone for my current supra and that's not adding the 6k I paid for the car lol nor adding the parts from the 7m that was in the car.

Good lord if I added up the previous 3 supra's that I owned and all the parts from them I'm sure id be in the low to mid 40k range Haha.
I used to do the same, once it started approaching the 15k mark, I looked at the list of "to do" stuff and stopped to prevent an early heart attack. :rofl:

I think I may go through and do a "what this car cost to build" with the 87 widebody project, ignoring the money spent on 7m stuff, just a "cost to replicate".

GrimJack;1826535 said:
That would be the grand total on the funny version!
Could also use "LOTS" in that box. ;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Jayhall;1826858 said:
would "more than you can afford pal" be too long to fit in that little box??
When my old lady gets her hands on a Mk4, I have every intention of using that line EVERY chance I get. :rofl: