Annual college footbal kickoff

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
So Im a huge college footbal fan and this week marks the beginning of the season for most teams so as I did last year I thought I would start off with a couple questions.

1. Who is your favorite team? (one answer only please)
2. Who will win the championship this year?
3. What do you think of the BCS?

GO BEAVS!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Florida is a good possibility but I think OSU will be pretty tough. I suspect it will come down to who blows it and who doesnt.

Its not much of a stretch but I suspect we will once again have BCS complaints at the end of the season. I really wish they would go to a +1 season.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Selz202;1116833 said:

:aigo:

:kickinthenuts:

;) just teasin, I root for the ducks as long at they arent playing my beavs! Speaking of the Beavs, not a great showing yesterday night. Even though in the end we could have pulled out a tie for OT, that want good enough against a team picked to finish below us in the Pac10. :nono: I thought our offense looked very good however and if we have any success on defence we should be an interesting team.

Oregon will have to once again sort out a quarterback problem as well. If they remain healthy this year unlike last year they should contend with the top teams. Bellotti always fields a tough team. My biggest gripe about Oregon isnt about the team its about the whole uniform bullshit. I mean its one thing to be known as Nike U. but to flaunt the uniform budget just for the sake of ...wait, why do they do it again?

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
1. Auburn
2. Auburn :evil2: Seriously though, I really don't know. Too early to tell.
3. It sucks. Get a playoff system already.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Facime;1116194 said:
Florida is a good possibility but I think OSU will be pretty tough. I suspect it will come down to who blows it and who doesnt.

Its not much of a stretch but I suspect we will once again have BCS complaints at the end of the season. I really wish they would go to a +1 season.

OSU may make the title game, but once again get blown out by an SEC team, or some other team that was conditioned by a real schedule.

And of course we will always have complainers at the end of the year under whatever system. I believe the BCS has been fine all the way up until last year. That WILL eventually happen again if the BCS stays active. Then and only then will a new system have a chance.

Doward;1115980 said:
Gators will take the Championship. SEC > Big Ten

S.E.C.!

suprahero;1116201 said:
roll tide

ROLL TIDE! There is my Favorite

My guess for the title is Florida.

jmanbball;1116212 said:
1. Georgia Tech

2. Not Georgia I DON'T REMEMBER WHEN THE LAST TIME A PRESEASON #1 WENT ALL THE WAY

3. Crappy, antiquated system

BCS is fine. Nothing will ever be perfect.

x10secondzx2;1116254 said:
Florida Gators

Don't know......my guess.....LSU

BCS....ehhh, I don't like it but its hear to stay.

Who's the QB? Dorsey's GONE!

mkthree92;1116887 said:
1. Auburn
2. Auburn :evil2: Seriously though, I really don't know. Too early to tell.

Anybody but Auburn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Scott, I kept typing in Roll Tide in capital letters, but everytime I hit submit, they would be lower case........:aigo:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Doward;1117597 said:
56-10 here. Let's get this going!

against a WAC team that turned the ball over 4 times...:rolleyes:
Good showing but doesnt really tell us much. USC looked pretty dominant. The winner between USC-OSU wins the national championship. Just my own early prediction. It was the first week of the season and most games were essentially "preseason" games so its too early to know much.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Doward;1117652 said:
Hey, after that Michigan - Appalachian State game last year, I'm not taking anything for granted! :D

HA, good point! (both teams lost their openers this time around)