Announcing WestCan SupraFest 07!!! July 6-8th in Kamloops, BC

Suprafiend

Jul 15, 2005
Van, BC
First off, we apologize for things getting off to such a late start and the extremely short notice this year. There were many things working against us this year and we almost ended up throwing in the towel a few times. Anyways, all of the important bookings have been made and we good to go in Kamloops this year!

The PacNW Nationals are August 3rd this year (the normal time of the year for SupraFest), and in Seattle. So instead of trying to one up them, we’re going to go in a very different direction at a different date. SupraFest was originally supposed to be the one time every year that Supra owners from western Canada and the NW of the US get together and hang out. Every year we’ve gotten a little bigger and added more typical car meet events. This year SupraFest will be more of a social event for Supra owners. We have the group camp site at Paul Lake right outside of Kamloops booked for the whole weekend of July 6-8th. On the Saturday we are booked at Kamloops Paintball for the morning and early afternoon, then we will relax at the beach at Paul Lake for a bit before heading into town for dinner, and afterwards GoKarts! We’ll cap off the evening with some drinks around a big bonfire at the camp site. In the morning we’ll have our always entertaining car show right on the field where we’ll be camping, add in a little bbq and close it all off with an awards ceremony.

The group camp site is removed from the normal campers and is pretty cheap, but if you want to bring the family or would like some privacy from us rowdies, feel free to get your own site at Paul Lake. However you can’t make reservations there, its first come first served so get there early if you want your own spot.

So there it is, stay tuned for the re-launch of the SupraFest forums where all finalized details and registration info will be posted. There will be a registration fee and process this year as usual, but we are trying to keep costs down and have secured some good deals on everything. The dates are set in stone and we are on rain or shine so book your time off now if you need to, and we’ll get everything else online shortly. Your organizers this year are myself (Seamus Epp) and Slip (Dean Little), and Teraka (Matt Oginiski) will be helping out with some of the online stuff but unfortunately will be unable to attend the event.

Paul Lake…
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/paullake.html

Kamloops PaintBall…
http://www.kamloopspaintball.com/index.asp

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
shit....at the rate I'm going, my car is still going to be an empty shell when that weekend rolls around...maybee next year.

Suprafiend

Jul 15, 2005
Van, BC
Come anyways, this meet is more about getting together and having a good time then winning trophies and dyno compititions and such.

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
BLOODY RIGHTS for my first SupraFest!!! and I turn 19 the day after so im gonna start my birthday celebrating a couple nights early!!!:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :beer: :drink1:

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
JustinGotA1j said:
BLOODY RIGHTS for my first SupraFest!!! and I turn 19 the day after so im gonna start my birthday celebrating a couple nights early!!!:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :beer: :drink1:

Hey no D and D and I don't mean dine and dash..lol..

:icon_razz

Suprafiend

Jul 15, 2005
Van, BC
Little Update! Theres a cruise added to the afternoon schedule. Full details are posted to the new thread on SupraForums in the Canadian section. Please post there if your coming, I'm trying to get an idea of expected attendance for food planning and all. Thanks!

azrael

Some assembly required
Oct 2, 2006
Coquitlam, BC
Hey Dave.

0157.jpg

Suprafiend

Jul 15, 2005
Van, BC
GrimJack said:
Highlights for me were:
- The Jetta and the Hope RCMP detachment
- RED POWER!
- The yellow Post of Doom
- Wolverines

Hey I didn't hear the Jetta story, what happened there?

Still getting my pictures ready

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
You missed the Jetta story? It was classic...

We're cruising from Whatcom rd, taking it easy, and there are 6 of us in a line. Some guy in a black Jetta whips up beside us, cuts off one of the guys, hammers the brakes to match speed with us, then weaves through traffic and speeds off.

He takes the next exit, making all of us think he's a moron for driving like a freak just to save 10 seconds or so off his trip.

A minute later, he's back, and pulls the same stunt. So now we're all thinking he's a freak AND a moron, because he picked the wrong exit.

Well, 15 minutes later we're driving past Hope, RCMP speedtrap capital of the country, and what do we spy? A black Jetta pulled over on the side of the road, getting a big ticket and a lecture. I laughed so hard I nearly passed out at the wheel.

Just to show how long of a lecture he got - he caught up to us at the toll booth. We were wondering if he'd get pulled over again on his way into Meritt - but if he did, they had a tow truck out there to impound his car before we went by. :D