An interresting AFPR question

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
Ive seen plenty afpr setups but recently i came upon one that was done a little different... this guys setup had the original feed to the rail then an adapter where the Return was routing it to the afpr and then to the original return line. He claims his objective was to keep 40 psi of fuel pressure consistently in the rail.. He then looked at mine which is a -6an Feed from the Pump to my afpr and then to the rail and a -6an return after..= He claimed this was not efficient.. Can anyone confirm his theory ?

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Supra-Man18;1400471 said:
Ive seen plenty afpr setups but recently i came upon one that was done a little different... this guys setup had the original feed to the rail then an adapter where the Return was routing it to the afpr and then to the original return line. He claims his objective was to keep 40 psi of fuel pressure consistently in the rail.. He then looked at mine which is a -6an Feed from the Pump to my afpr and then to the rail and a -6an return after..= He claimed this was not efficient.. Can anyone confirm his theory ?

He is correct. The efficiency of your dollar on your build has gone down with a pointless -6 return. Stock return is plenty for only a -6 feed.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
So lemme get this straight. You have your fpr in the feed?

picard-facepalm.jpg

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
"Efficiency" is a FUCKING poor choice of words. More like the actual rail pressure is limit by the resistance in your lines back to tank(Instead of the regulator).

With a -6 Your lucky your car ran...did you still have the "j" tube?

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Lol I didn't even catch that the fpr was before the rail. I assume its not a returnless rail setup..

a returnless has its benefits but not sure if it'd keep constant pressure on a high flow (high power) setup. I think there are a few threads on here and SF about it but never looked to closely at them.

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
OoOoOps !!! My mistake guys the afpr Is mounted in that same manner... Mine is mounted on my firewall so the return line was runs under the upper intake manifold from the return... Didnt pay attention to this Sorry about that lol