Almost got it handed to me...

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I just got back from grabbing a bite to eat with the wife. On our way out, these two hondas (obviously buddies) were sharking around me. This was all in a 35 mph zone.

We finally ended up at a stoplight. I looked over and saw the typical ricer tach w/optional shiftlight. I then barely noticed a boost gauge. So, I reached down and pushed the 'Hi' boost button on my Greddy ProFec B SpecII Boost Controller.

The light turned green and I leaped out about a car and a half. I grabbed second and then noticed that he wasn't even trying. So, I shut it down...

We drive along as though nothing had happened. He wouldn't look over...acknowledge me...nothing... I'm like...Puh...whatever!

A little bit down the road I enter the freeway and all of a sudden he's right on my butt. Once we clear some congestion, he zips around me and paces me. Knowing a little bit about honda's I knew this was trouble.

I downshift...as does he. I start brakeboosting and then, WOOOOSH!!! He took off like a rocket! Traffic was too close up ahead for me to have room to get rolling. Even if I had the room, I don't think I would've caught him.

After seeing that, I know why he didn't want to go from a dig. Traction...

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
I don't know...I usually ignore any honda civic or the like...it's either I'm going to totally spank them cause its a riced out pos...or they will totally spank me cause they put a lot of money under the hood and actually knew what there were doing....

In my experience...it's never close...so I don't really bother...at least wtih a mustang/camaro...for the most part...you know what you're up against

Sounds like typical rice behavior though...wait for the advantage and take it

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Honduh's don't do it for me; but, as most of us on here, I can appreciate anything that's fast.

And I just love spanking Mustang guys. Collectively, they seem to have this attitude that nothing on earth is faster...

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
CajunKenny;1636439 said:
Honduh's don't do it for me; but, as most of us on here, I can appreciate anything that's fast.

And I just love spanking Mustang guys. Collectively, they seem to have this attitude that nothing on earth is faster...

I agree on the Mustang. I went to the machine shop and I laughed when a guy in a Nova pulled in and a old guy said,

"That a purretty nice Nova yah got dare." Said with a Jay Leno like voice, too funny.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
ForcedTorque;1636476 said:
......and you want to race a 997???? BTW......How "OLD" are you? I hear I'm too old for it too. F-That, EFF-That

That 997 won't take off as quick as that honda did. The honda's show was over quick though. His power petered out toward the top. If there would've been enough room (traffic was ahead) I think I could've caught him. He was gone before I even started to spool!

But, yeah.....I had that same thought when that Honda took off! :biglaugh:

Oh...and I'm 34. I also like to talk, enjoy candle light dinners, and cuddling by the fireplace. I even like long walks on the beach... ;)

SWD Fredester 3;1636478 said:
OLD? You guys are kids, Ian is a young'in, I think young but look in the mirror some mornings and wonder who that old fart is staring back at me.

Fred. You are one cool cat! I hope I can make it as long as you have...and be as cool doing it! :)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
It was kind of funny. She asked "Did you just get it handed to you?" I just gave her a mini glare. ;)

Thx for the B-Day Cheer! :)

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Lol. All the more reason to go out and search for a certain Hondur.

Btw, Scorpios rock! My day is on the 16th. ;)

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
Russ;1636798 said:
never to old to smash on a honda

lol, thats a great line, might have to make that one a sig or soemthing. Ive seen a lot of fast Hondas, but most fall on their faces above 130mph, probably due to the fact that tey are fwd. Maybe I'm wrong tho.