Almost done with painting the car. A few pics also

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
IJ.;999732 said:
Mr Puniverse? ;)

LOL

americanjebus;999740 said:
No, more like mr stock 1J, he's used to pushing down on a clutch thats softer than his pillows.

:biglaugh: j/k darrel, you coming down to centralia aswell?

Cant wait to see the paint job Duane, as always i know the pictures aren't doing your car justice.

Darrell may be working, not sure. He is doing some mods to the Supra this coming few months, FINALLY.

Yeah, paint looks really nice in person. :icon_bigg

CryoSlash;999791 said:
"we all wear flannel shirts too!" ;)

Well, what do you expect me to wear working on a car? A dress suit? :sarcasm:

Duane

teamslow

Sep 6, 2006
New Jersey
p1001065_1.jpg

What happen to the carbon fiber hood and head lights?

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
teamslow;1001065 said:
p1001073_1.jpg

What happen to the carbon fiber hood and head lights?

Sold them for a good price :) I also ordered a new fire proof pad that attaches to the underside of the hood and will be put on next week.

Duane

89turboguy

May 26, 2006
Denver, Colorado
looks damn good man, i just finished painting mine white myself. you shoulda brought your car down to me, PPG compted all my paint and materials, i bet i coulda done yours aswell. lol.
How much did that whole trim kit end up costing you? i was thinking about doing the same myself. It cleans up the look alot.
I guess now i just need to have a million horsepower and i will be as stylin as you.:icon_razz

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
Wow, that car is beyond pristine.:aigo: If we lived in a perfect world, we'd all have cars like that and gas would be $1 a gallon to boot. A most excellent paint job, Toyota never made 'em like that!! damn fine job man.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
89turboguy;1046368 said:
looks damn good man, i just finished painting mine white myself. you shoulda brought your car down to me, PPG compted all my paint and materials, i bet i coulda done yours aswell. lol.

Don't think you would want to work on my car. (not that I would bring it that far out of site) The paint guy I chose was afraid as he knew how picky I was. LOL

Thanks for the comments :icon_bigg

The parts just for the exterior of the car (the trim) wasn't cheap. I bought pretty much everything that goes on the car exterior including, moldings, rubber parts, bolts, marker lights (tails are new but from last year) mud flaps and many things that I think I listed in the thread a few pages back. IIRC, it was around $3000 not including windshield.

You can get a hold of Mark on here from Vancouver Toyota, he has a good deal for us Supra people :)

Duane

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Damn that's real nice your buying all that stuff new :). I'm working my way down that road too but it is as you said very expensive.

So is your new hood ect FG or stock?!? You can't tell me you put a stock hood back on ! :O

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
SupraOfDoom;1046961 said:
Damn that's real nice your buying all that stuff new :). I'm working my way down that road too but it is as you said very expensive.

So is your new hood ect FG or stock?!? You can't tell me you put a stock hood back on ! :O

Ok, I won't :sarcasm: