Alabama to hit Obese Workers with 'Fat Fee'

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
The fat people suing because genetics makes them fat... That's the biggest load of crapp that I've heard. I'm fat because I eat and I'm kinda lazy. My dad's fat for the same reason. We eat whatever the heck we want and we dont exercise regularly. My grandpa is effin huge because he eats a lot and can't do anything. lol

So my genetics are stacked against me. I give up.

My health insurance doesn't go up because I ride a motorcycle, my motorcycle insurance covers that. It's not cheap...

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
mkiiSupraMan18;1122766 said:
The fat people suing because genetics makes them fat... That's the biggest load of crapp that I've heard. I'm fat because I eat and I'm kinda lazy. My dad's fat for the same reason. We eat whatever the heck we want and we dont exercise regularly. My grandpa is effin huge because he eats a lot and can't do anything. lol

So my genetics are stacked against me. I give up.

My health insurance doesn't go up because I ride a motorcycle, my motorcycle insurance covers that. It's not cheap...

So you think its stupid that people would sue because they say being over weight is genetic. At the same time your saying your problem is also genetics. Then, you go on to say how your family just eats to much and dont exercise? It doesnt sound like genetics, it sounds like a family problem of over eating and not exercising.

Just because your father/grand father do the same thing doesnt mean its genetics. My family history is watching football play every sunday, I try to do the same. Watching football on sundays is not a genetic condition, its a choice based on family influence.

If your father/grand father were smokers and you decided to smoke, thats not genetics kicking in. You are making a choice following your family history.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
shit, thats just alabama. just wait untill obama gives us all healthcare!

the only way to make his plan work would be cost control. (like alabama is trying to do here.)fat people, going to cost us more money, so take a hit for that. dangerous hobbies, gonna take a hit for that, in ths spirit of not being a burden to your fellow workers/countrymen. drink? another hit, perhaps we should bring back prohibition, in fairness to those non-drinkers who are bearing the costs. have sex with more than one partner in five years? hiv treatment is pretty expensive, you need to take a hit because why should ameikans have to pay for your immorality?getting old? i've read that 70% of a persons medical costs duting his lifetime occour during the last two weeks of life. so anyone over fifty needs to take a hit.so on so on ect.,ect.

that brings on a different scary thought. could this fine gov't possibly be in the position of making end of life decisions for you? some bean counter in dc is going to decide that the cost/benefit ratio of keeping you one with your spirit isn't what it needs to be.

....you think ted kennedy would be alive if he was a factory worker living in canada?

or do you think i'm being an alarmist?

i understand an insurance co making this decision, thier job is to turn a profit. when the gov't gets involved, everything is gonna go to hell. someone who is driven by profit is always going to be more efficent than a pencil pusher trying to justify his exsistance on the payroll

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
iwannadie;1123084 said:
Sarcasm is a hard thing to read, I think at least lol.

Matt was definately being sarcastic, and he's not that fat, he's purty..........:naughty:

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
It was most deff sarcasm.

My family isn't grossly overweight (handicapped plates, hover rounds, we can still move... lol) but we aren't the model of physical fitness. We're happy and relatively healthy.

Still, we would all be more than happy to pay $25/mo for health insurance. Hell, keep it around $100 and I'd still be getting off cheap.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
trucker;1123124 said:
....you think ted kennedy would be alive if he was a factory worker living in canada?
rediculous supposition, on an epic scale!

I swear, election years just bring out a buttload of stupid in people.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
Facime;1123331 said:
rediculous supposition, on an epic scale!

I swear, election years just bring out a buttload of stupid in people.

so you are tellin me, that an ordinary worker in one of those countries with "free" healthcare, is getting the same level of treatment as a us senator?

if that's the case you are making then you are completely correct about election years, and what they bring