Airbag....is it gonna go off???????

cinciguy89turbo

Zero to Sixty
Apr 7, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
I have a 90 N/A Body with an 89 Turbo motor, and I'm scared to plug in the airbag because I don't want it to go off randomly while I'm driving or something. Do I need to have this reprogrammed or anything?
And my other question is does this also control the horn or just airbag?
Thanks guys

Last edited:

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
it wont blow... but if you ever plan on a wheel swap.. you wont have it.. so leave unpluged.. imho... other wise.. you can plug in.. its a seperat plug for just the air bag ..its all on is own wiring.. so unless you spliced into it .. it wont go off

cinciguy89turbo

Zero to Sixty
Apr 7, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
I do want to make it work but I didn't do this swap and all the harnesses and are from a 92 turbo, and I'm not sure what else is wrong. The instrument cluster that I have is from an 89 which doesn't have an airbag light (which I'll be changing as soon as I get the extra cash). So I'm not sure how or if that will affect deployment...

On a side note, my friend wrecked my 89 which is why there is an 89 motor in the 90. We hit a tree head on doing about 25-30, and the car did amazing in the crash. It totalled the car but we were all fine except on kid that broke his arm (wearing no seatbelt):nono:

crash.jpg
:cry::cry::cry::cry: