Aftermarket fans

Jyrydr

I Wanna Go Fast
May 26, 2012
Western Australia
I have been looking for a while to replace my engine fan and shroud (as there broken) but dont seem to be able to find a shroud, other than through TPO, but will cost $400 for the post alone so ive pretty much decided to change to electric/thermo fans.

I still have the factory radiator so am wondering where the best place to start is.

I have looked up the Mishimoto twin 12in setup which says it will mount directly to OEM and Mishimoto radiator.
Will it mount up directly or will I have to stuff around?
Any pointers, tips or recommendations greatly appreciated.

In the future i will probably change radiator too,(prob match Mishi's with Mishi's) but not yet, just gotta get her over the pits.

BTW, my cars a 89 7M-gte manual

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
AU Falcon duals and trim the shroud.

lsx049.jpg

lsx051.jpg

Jyrydr

I Wanna Go Fast
May 26, 2012
Western Australia
HAHAHA got 2 lasers, 1 telstar and an EF layin around only good for parts(already checked there fans), but no AU.

AND IM A HOLDEN BOY!!!! (who loves his supras)

I can only laugh... ill keep my eyes open. thanks

salsautocfl

Jul 9, 2012
florida
Wow first post on here and mess that up! I was thinking of making my own custom shroud for two fans. Gonna see how that works out hopefully better than most of these fan kits one could get online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smashey

Dec 29, 2010
Grande Prairie
Ihave also seen/pulled/heard the fans ij pointed to in ford mondao and mercury mystique. i even have one but have nfi how to wire it up. perhaps someone could point me in the right direction via pm... thanks.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Best bet is to get a decent PWM Based fan controller so you can soft start them, they pull a huge amount of current on the initial hit (any fan that will actually work will be the same) The 4 fans I ran if hard started together were maxxing the 140a Alternator I used for a couple of seconds with the normal background current required to run the car.

ca91mkIII

May 23, 2012
Franklin
I ended making my own shroud and borrowing the fans off of my Chevelle's radiator. I bought a sheet of 20 gauge aluminum and had a local welding shop bend the edges and weld the corners. I then trimmed down the bent lip and then fitted some brackets so that the shroud bolts up to the stock mounting tabs. Only cost me about $100 after everything was said and down. And the twin 10" fans I put on it keep the car nice and cool.