after market air filter fitment.

MattTerror

Jun 6, 2012
Ohio
I went ahead and purchased the filter and adapter. mounted everything along with an aluminium sheet i found in my garage that i cut and bent half circle over the new element. It's a nice day for a cruise. too bad i have to work. :(

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Here is some food for thought, when I datalog intake temp on my stock air cleaner, I see that after 30 minutes of driving it can easily be 20+ degrees C higher than ambient, and in traffic can be 40C higher. The stock intake is well away from anything hot, so this was a puzzle. Well, the cause is simple enough, the AFM case picks up heat from the exhaust manifold and other hot items in its vicinity, and the air passing through the AFM then picks up the heat from the housing. Put you hand on the AFM after a decent drive. This is also a very good reason NOT to use a metal accordion tube replacement.

Rather than wasting your time replacing the air cleaner which as pointed out above is not much a restriction when clean, it may be much more useful to try insulating the AFM from engine heat instead.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Setsuko37;1851595 said:
well if u run the same cai set upi have ull gain about 14 but if your 7mgte probably like 18 or more

Are these dyno verified?

I highly doubt your gaining 14hp from an intake filter on a ge

Typhoon

Jun 30, 2007
ACT
hvyman;1851607 said:
Are these dyno verified?

I highly doubt your gaining 14hp from an intake filter on a ge

But it FEELS and SOUNDS like 14hp, and I WANT to justify the expense!
I'd be surprised if a stock GE picked up 14hp with extractors.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Setsuko37;1851595 said:
well if u run the same cai set upi have ull gain about 14 but if your 7mgte probably like 18 or more
bs.jpg

57trimMKIII

Texas Supras' Slowest
Jul 14, 2010
DFW, TX
If anyone is looking for an adapter, I have one in the spare parts pile

Just pay the shipping costs and it's yours - PM me if you're interested.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Been a K&N fan for a long time. Still have one in our daily beater. Went with the Amsoil recently (nanofiber sumthin'). There are air filter studies out there and the oiled ones (specifically K&N) ranked lowest. So, when spending $50 for a new filter, I went with the Amsoil, since it ranked much higher for the same cost...

Good luck!

Setsuko37

Aug 13, 2011
Canal Winchester ohio
well i also have the maf modded to richen fuel so maybe im also feeling gains from that, but mine is an actual cai ram intake lol their is a tube running from the front fog light whole all the way to my spectre filter. Tho i dont really run it unless its dark and cold out so maybe im just having super good conditions

Typhoon

Jun 30, 2007
ACT
Setsuko37;1851785 said:
well i also have the maf modded to richen fuel so maybe im also feeling gains from that, but mine is an actual cai ram intake lol their is a tube running from the front fog light whole all the way to my spectre filter. Tho i dont really run it unless its dark and cold out so maybe im just having super good conditions

You funny. Wanna buy a bridge?