Adrenaline Motorsports ROBBED and BURNED to the ground - PLEASE READ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrenaline

Crazy Canuck
Sep 27, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hi - this is Jennifer, Phil's partner. If you are coming in from the Toronto area today, Sunday, there are some safety boots and equipment that I urgently need in order to be on the site. If you are able to bring those along, please contact me.

I can be reached by text also at 416-209-9693 if you can confirm with me that you are coming to help so I can best make use of your assistance. Steel toed boots/shoes, work gloves and hard hats are req'd on site, so if you have access to those, please bring them as well.

If you are handy at getting donations at all, please use those skills at a local Home Depot/Rona/Hm Hdwe for donations of similar goods, hand cleaner, Spray9 cleaner and similar. We may also need food donations, but please check with me to arrange that beforehand.

Thank you SO much. :)

(Please don't copy this text in replies as we will be removing the numbers to protect George and myself from unwanted calls shortly)

Last edited:

Raptor Racing

Supramania Contributor
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
Folks...i put up a post here dedicating a portion of the next months profits to help Phil out here. Please click the link and have a read and PLEASE either on your own or through other means try to find a way to help out.

Phil...I've said all I can say in the link above. You'll be in my daily prayers as I know this is one of the greatest challanges you'll face in your life. Be strong my friend; I know it may seem so but you're not alone.

BillyM

MK2 + 7M = FUN
Mar 3, 2006
Greenville, SC
Way to step up George.

Phil, after just hanging out with you last weekend, this is just absolutely devastating news....

...same setup here, with all profits of my w58 shift bushing kits sold being transfered directly to Phil.

--billyM

JZA70 QC

JZ Engine are the best!!!
Oct 6, 2005
A COLD PLACE
I'm so sorry to hear that and see all the destruction. You're a good man with a great Supra comunity behind you, you'll get back on your feet.

- Jeff

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Phil I am so sorry. This is absolutely disgusting and it really pains me to see someone have to go through it.

I will contact you via email next week to offer some support.

-Mo

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Phil,
Please accept my $50, just sent via paypal. You went out of your way on several occasions to help me out with needed parts. Always damn good service and quick shipping. If I lived closer I would help clean up this mess. I hate fucking thieves. If you ever have the good fortune finding out who did this, I will be one of the guys who show up to help throw a blanket party for them before they get dumped off at the police station. Come on guys, anti up.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
I really hate to be a Debie downer but that is me.

Why would anyone run a business and NOT cover it with insurace especially some type of major umbrella coverage?? In the US, that is setting yourself up for a lawsuit especially if the business was a sole-propriatorship.

The donations will help but if you get a sued, they will go after your personal assets. You are going to need more than donations if the lawyers get involved.

-Figgie

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
I thought you had to have insurance if you were running a business

still crappy though.. GL with getting everything together

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Sorry to see this happen to anybody, much less someone in the Supra community... If I were local, I'd be there in a heartbeat to help. I may not be that bright, but I can lift heavy things! Meh... not even my usual sense of humor is helping here. :(

You might do well to talk to the local Home Depot (I've been working at one for ~5 years now), they have a history of helping out in the local communities when things like this happen, try to get in touch with store management or district management. Might not get you everything you need or could use, but I'm sure they'd be willing to at least donate some safety gear to assist in the cleanup. Good luck guys.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I've been racking my brain and reading all these threads on the various Supra forums this has made it onto... but how did your insurance company side-step the coverage? It's arson, and usually arson is the first thing a buisiness insures for? Man, you can't deal with insurance companies laying down, I'm sure someone around knows a lawyer that would help you out pro-bono or something.

There's gotta be something you can do? I don't wanna rake a guy, who just lost everything, over the coals, but it's driving me crazy how your insurer can screw you like that.

Anyway, I'll pitch some bills to you when my paypal account gets fixed in the next day or two. Good luck, friend.

Is there a place I could ship a package to?

Rupinder

Supramania Contributor
Apr 24, 2007
Toronto
The insurance company did not side-step anything. Unfortunately Phil did not have any insurance coverage at all. This is why he is in such dire straits.

To help him out - The Toronto Supra club usually makes a donation every year to a charity and this year Phil is our charity that we will be donating to.

I've also arranged with Phil that PUR Auto will help out with finishing any project he had on the go and the profit would go to Phil as well.

Keros;1603943 said:
I've been racking my brain and reading all these threads on the various Supra forums this has made it onto... but how did your insurance company side-step the coverage? It's arson, and usually arson is the first thing a buisiness insures for? Man, you can't deal with insurance companies laying down, I'm sure someone around knows a lawyer that would help you out pro-bono or something.

There's gotta be something you can do? I don't wanna rake a guy, who just lost everything, over the coals, but it's driving me crazy how your insurer can screw you like that.

Anyway, I'll pitch some bills to you when my paypal account gets fixed in the next day or two. Good luck, friend.

Is there a place I could ship a package to?

Rupinder

Supramania Contributor
Apr 24, 2007
Toronto
Agreed 100%

projectsupra;1603989 said:
He should have said that from the start if that's the case. :3d_frown:

Let this be a lesson to anyone who thinks they can't afford insurance, an alarm, or DVR. The consequences are far worse.

ABNPayne

Jul 18, 2010
Macon, GA
I guess Canadian media and officials are fond of Captain Obvious just like those in your southern neighbor...
captain-obvious.gif

Officials say they suspect there wasn’t a sprinkler system in the building, and having one would have helped limit the resulting damage.

Sorry for your losses, glad noone was injured, hope the perps get caught.

Adrenaline

Crazy Canuck
Sep 27, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hi all.....
I've been getting a bit of hate mail about asking for assistance, and believe me it is hard to stick your hand out when you've never had to before. It's very humbling. For the record, I've never represented that insurance was screwing me. Any business owner can decide whether or not to insure their inventory, or contents, depending on whether they feel it is worth the additional operating costs. For me, I generally only ever have used OEM parts on hand and don't stock anything for resale that would be of interest to anyone but someone doing what I do. Never in a million years would I have dreamed that someone would set the place on fire intentionally, nor can I imagine why they would. It's such a personal attack, and after stealing all the tools I need to make my living. This incident came at a time when I was working on a customer's build and had a large amount of goodies waiting to go on his rig, and someone visiting the shop must have passed that info along.
They struck like a viper, and that was it.

Now, I want to take this opportunity to thank SO many people who have stepped forward to help be either coming to the shop from as far away as Toronto and London, even Buffalo! I even had a guy here from Potsdam, Germany on Sunday!
I'm overwhelmed by the generosity of friends and family who are rising to the occasion to generate financial assistance, and it means so much. In the end, I will not let this get the better of me. If I do, my spirit will be broken and I can't allow that to happen. It's bad enough that I have been robbed of the desire to do this work any longer, and since it took me over 15 years to build it to this level, I can't afford another 15 to rebuild it. Someone else will have to carry the torch from here. Perhaps that is what the thieves have planned.

In the next day or so, I will be releasing a list of all the parts and specifics about my stolen equipment so that these cowards can be brought to justice.

Thanks again to all. Life goes on....

Kingsoup

Apr 8, 2005
Calgary
Hang in there Phil! Man that is rough though, I know insurance is hugely expensive and when your margins aren't big it can make or break you to have it.

The insurance company did not side-step anything. Unfortunately Phil did not have any insurance coverage at all. This is why he is in such dire straits.

To help him out - The Toronto Supra club usually makes a donation every year to a charity and this year Phil is our charity that we will be donating to.

I've also arranged with Phil that PUR Auto will help out with finishing any project he had on the go and the profit would go to Phil as well.

You are the MAN Rupinder as always and the Toronto Supra club is the greatest car club I have ever have the privledge of being a part of, thats really cool your shop is helping out to finish the projects on the go.

I miss you guys, sorry again Phil, I don't understand how peoples conscience can let them do these sorts of things to other people :(

Alex!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Adrenaline;1604241 said:
Hi all.....
I've been getting a bit of hate mail about asking for assistance, and believe me it is hard to stick your hand out when you've never had to before. It's very humbling. For the record, I've never represented that insurance was screwing me. Any business owner can decide whether or not to insure their inventory, or contents, depending on whether they feel it is worth the additional operating costs. For me, I generally only ever have used OEM parts on hand and don't stock anything for resale that would be of interest to anyone but someone doing what I do. Never in a million years would I have dreamed that someone would set the place on fire intentionally, nor can I imagine why they would. It's such a personal attack, and after stealing all the tools I need to make my living. This incident came at a time when I was working on a customer's build and had a large amount of goodies waiting to go on his rig, and someone visiting the shop must have passed that info along.
They struck like a viper, and that was it.

Now, I want to take this opportunity to thank SO many people who have stepped forward to help be either coming to the shop from as far away as Toronto and London, even Buffalo! I even had a guy here from Potsdam, Germany on Sunday!
I'm overwhelmed by the generosity of friends and family who are rising to the occasion to generate financial assistance, and it means so much. In the end, I will not let this get the better of me. If I do, my spirit will be broken and I can't allow that to happen. It's bad enough that I have been robbed of the desire to do this work any longer, and since it took me over 15 years to build it to this level, I can't afford another 15 to rebuild it. Someone else will have to carry the torch from here. Perhaps that is what the thieves have planned.

In the next day or so, I will be releasing a list of all the parts and specifics about my stolen equipment so that these cowards can be brought to justice.

Thanks again to all. Life goes on....

Just curious Phil if you're no longer going to be operating as a business what exactly are the funds donated going towards?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Adrenaline;1604241 said:
Never in a million years would I have dreamed that someone would set the place on fire intentionally

Not to poke at you when you're down, but it's a valuable lesson for people in business to learn. The purpose of insurance is to cover the unseen risk. I've had shop fires before, you're dealing with fuel, spark and air. Things happen. You took a very big gamble by not having insurance and you lost the bet. It sucks and I feel for you man.

Sorry you're out of the game. Hope you get out of this without too much more pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.