edit.. i didnt take the photos....lololololol
why is this site becoming so sucky??

Last edited:

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
The only thing I have a problem with is my photograph being taken from my domain, rehosted, and posted without acknowledgement of it's owner. The owner of the photograph isn't the owner of the subject, its the person who took the shot. It's general courtesy to give credit where credit is due.

The problem is that when you re-host it, there is no evidence (other than exif info..which can be erased) that it came from me. Which means it can very easily be passed off as yours. Yes it is your car, but your car isn't whats on the web. What's on the web is my picture... of your car. I'm not trying to get into a turf war or anything ridiculous, simply asking that you not rip off my pictures.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Since you do have your own photography site I've rehosted the pic using one that has your site on the bottom. This matter should have been taken care of via PM, not cluttering up the thread. I'm a reasonable guy with a good reputation that doesn't like to cause trouble. My post has been edited to appease you.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Since this is a picture thread its appropriate to discuss copyright here in the thread if it comes into question. Tim does in fact have a photography site, and is obviously a professional photographer. Tim asked very nicely that you not rehost his images. This is not an unreasonable request and your responce could have been without the attitude. He very easily could have asked you to remove the photo completely.

As your car was photographed in a public place no permission is required to photograph your car and all images taken remain the property of the photographer. His photos are hosted on a copyright notice posted site and therefore are his property.

Im not trying to fan any flames here and I think you get the idea, but you came off a bit incensed that he wasnt happy you "stole" his intellectual property. How do you think you would feel if someone "stole" your work and appeared to pass it off as your own and then acted like you were the one that was crazy for getting pissed about it?

You fixed the issue so enough said, but this goes to anyone that is rehosting images that arent their own without prior permission and credit...DONT DO IT!

now back to the pics...

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
catback;1108095 said:
couple pics from this weekend

edit.. i didnt take the photos....lololololol
why is this site becoming so sucky??

This has nothing to do with this site, this is a copyright issue and also one of respect. Its really simple, if you are going to rehost and post pictures its not only polite to ask permission first, it might be illegal NOT to.

honestabe;1108187 said:
Sorry, I only copied the original photo speed posted. How was I to know he was a professional photographer Whatever. The issue is resolved now. I don't like to cause trouble so I'm saying nothing more.

I think anyone who has seen Tims work knows hes a professional photographer, not to mention his site http://www.timduganphotography.com is right in his sig. Like you said, you resolved the issue and I dont want you to feel scolded. Think of it rather as being informed. I think you are a nice guy and Im sure Tim feels the same. I only came into this topic to comment about this because Tim told me in private what was going on and as a published artist myself thought I could share an outside perspective.

Its pretty simple folks, just ask permission from the person who owns the image first. Sorry BorHor for the thread derail, but I REALLY think this is an important topic and needed to be hashed out.

Once again, please back to the pics.

chopstickz

Dec 3, 2005
SoCal
p1108231_1.jpg

p1108231_2.jpg

racerpage

Supra Drifter
Jun 15, 2007
Baltimore,Md

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
a stock 1 thats been molested

(i cut the slot behind the radiator and previous owner (of the bonnet not the car) had 2 shitty vents installed closer to the windscrren which got detroyed when his car caught fire leaving two ugly holes)

was more experimental purposes to see how much 1 would weigh when the skeleton had been cut out and how flimsy it would be.

dont have the balls to cut up my good bonnet in same mannor just yet and given its just a bunky track hack, im not all that bothered with its appearance.