accusump??

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
oldsking;1900659 said:
Guys I think this has become my new thing for next year now thanks haha :) Like I need more braided hoses in my engine bay now I have tons! SO what do you use for a pressure source so the tank knows you fall in oil pressure so it's pushing more oil in the system?
Normally you'd wire an output on a Standalone to monitor Oil Pressure and have it open the Valve in case of xxx event, you could do this with a simple Hobbs type switch and plumb it into one of the spare pressure ports on the block.

Another bit of "info" re: valves, the Goyen Solenoid is only effective in one direction so will pump up the accumulator even when it's closed, this is a good thing if you have it controlled as it will fully charge the accumulator driving around and as long as you don't have an event it's ready to go the next morning.

There is however a slight delay opening and the restriction I mentioned, I use mine to save the engine in case of surge cornering/braking, if you have an engine failure it won't save anything hence I don't bother with a valve after using one in the Mk3, I don't prelube can't see a reason to bother my engines make pressure within the first 3 revolutions.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
I figured Id use a pressure switch kind of like the cooling fan temp sensors. Although I do have my standalone and may just utilize that option. Possibilities :) Thanks IJ

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Nice thing with the standalone you "should" be able to set up an X/Y table x being rpm y being pressure so it holds the valve closed at shutdown, simple pressure switch will see the drop and open.