acceleration issue

??supra

Mar 31, 2005
Kodiak, Alaska
ok so when i put the car in first gear and i accel from a stop like at a light the car accelerates but then kinda quits on me but then goes.i checked the throttle cables there isnt much play. any idea what else might be causing this?

??supra

Mar 31, 2005
Kodiak, Alaska
i have a check engine light that came on, gotta pull the codes. i had a problem before with the idle not being steady and that was caused by a bad idle control valve so i will pull the code if any and let you guess know

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
kind of quits on you?? specifically what happens, test your novel writing skills and get as detailed as you can, sputtering, does it make any certain noises,

boost leek,
or fuel cut im geussing, how much boost?

bad idle., maybe vacuum leek or bad injector seal.

??supra

Mar 31, 2005
Kodiak, Alaska
hmm its hard to describe, when i put the car in first gear and start from a dead stop and i accelerate just a lil, u kno normal street driving, it goes then it stops but then it kicks in but kind of hard. almost to the point where it feels lke i dropped the clutch. i have no idea what is causing this. i gotta re check the tension of the throttle cable. how tight should it be? how much play is TOO much?

thanks

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
check error codes.

how does it idle? if the idle is shitty try unplugging the AFM. if the idle smooths out, that, along with the problem you have described would lead me to believe that the AFM is shot.

??supra

Mar 31, 2005
Kodiak, Alaska
idle is good around 750 rpms. i think its the throttle cable. there is more play then i thought there was. how would you go about tighetening it