ABS Delete

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Ok. I want to do an ABS delete. And I have a few questions.

As shown in the picture below, the lines run off the master cylinder to the ABS unit and from there to the front and rear brakes. My first question is which lines on the master cylinder itself go to the front and rear brakes on a non-ABS car? What is my cheapest option? And what is the best way to go about deleting it?

BR_046.gif

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
The BEST way to do it is to convert every part that is different in the EPC between ABS and non ABS supras. Nothing to worry about engineering, just bolt on and go.

HOWEVER, I do not recommend doing this, I have completely no faith, in a panic situation, that you will be able to keep control of the car.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
mkIIIman089 said:
HOWEVER, I do not recommend doing this, I have completely no faith, in a panic situation, that you will be able to keep control of the car.

Every car I've ever had didn't have ABS. My last Supra didn't have ABS. I don't see why that would be a problem. The ABS on it now is non-functional. Like Sportriderseattle said, my fuse for the ABS is not there. I got it like that and never bothered to replace it. However, I need the entire unit out so I can have the space necessary for the brake and clutch master cylinders.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
mustangman05 said:
i have very little pedel pressure after a fresh brake system build and bleeding wonder if my abs is being an ass????

did you replace master cylinder?

as far as deleting abs.... im curious as to if the early model non abs N/A supras had a different master cylinder... if so, get that, and the stock lines from that... and youll be set.

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
is there a way (other than going to toyota) to check abs system codes??

Edit* no i did not replace the master but i did remove it to paint the bay

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
xarewhyayen said:
as far as deleting abs.... im curious as to if the early model non abs N/A supras had a different master cylinder... if so, get that, and the stock lines from that... and youll be set.

I have an 88 and I put a non-ABS master cylinder on there and have not had one problem yet. I guess I just need the stock lines. Anyone have a ballpark price of how much the stock lines would be?

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
dcrusupra said:
Every car I've ever had didn't have ABS. My last Supra didn't have ABS. I don't see why that would be a problem. The ABS on it now is non-functional. Like Sportriderseattle said, my fuse for the ABS is not there. I got it like that and never bothered to replace it. However, I need the entire unit out so I can have the space necessary for the brake and clutch master cylinders.
How many times have you locked a wheel in your Supra(s)?

Just go to the EPC like I told you and swap the parts if you want a full conversion.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
A few, but it's mostly on purpose. I lock up my wheels after I bleed the brakes. If I feel the wheels starting to lock up I start feathering the pedal. It gives it the same effect that the ABS does just slower. But I will check the EPC and see which lines I need. Thanks.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Ok, I found them in the EPC now can a few people help me find which parts I need?

With ABS

MCE079.gif

Without ABS

MCE078.gif

The numbers I'm seeing that I need are as follows:

47311B

47322 looks like its different between the 2 of them.

And now I have a headache from trying to compare the 2, lol.

Last edited:

againstdawall06

Dec 8, 2005
mo
Id like to do this also. My ABS doesnt work anyways and i really never like ABS. I could always stop a car with no ABS in the snow way faster then one with it. I will have to keep an eye on this thread, post what you needed to do for the rest of us.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
ABS is a good thing... if youre trying to have better braking, stick with abs. Do the research if you don't believe me. To be able to give full pedal pressure instead of feathering the pedal in an emergency can save your life. The best braking happens when there is ~15% skid IIRC. ABS provides a much better stopping distance...

There is a reason that it was put into production, and it is for that reason. In most accidents, stopping a couple feet sooner could mean preventing the accident... not to mention ABS enables you to turn the vehicle while braking hard... where in a skid, the vehicle retains its original projectile...

Just something to think about before getting rid of ABS. ABS isnt the most pleasant experience and it can be scary, but it can save you and your supra.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
abs saved my ass a few times.. mainly when I'm pissed and slide the car out after high speeds. so why do you wanna get rid of it?? maybe I'll go back through and read.

added: ok I see. so theres no way to keep it?

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Mk3runner said:
added: ok I see. so theres no way to keep it?

I'm sure I'd be able to just reverse the lines on it. But I like the look of the engine bay without it. It looks cleaner to me. Not the greatest pics, but they get my point across.

2175162_4_full.jpg

p674761_1.jpg

and the RHD clip without it
p674761_2.jpg

By the way, I just realized that I'm incredibly dumb when I posted the RHD picture. :3d_frown: The brake lines should be on the front clip, lol. Oh well, this will help out the people that want to remove the ABS also. I already requested a parts price quote from Curt Aigner so I will post that up here with the part numbers.