a quik gauge cluster question.

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
so ive read up on swapping in a volt gauge for the turbo gauge on my 89T but since im buying an entire cluster could you not just swap out the whole thing or are there other differences? hope this isnt a clone thread but i didnt find anything in my search....thanx

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Swapping a single gauge is really not that difficult. Just pay attention to where things go, it's all phillips head screws.

Now how you make a volt gauge work where a boost gauge used to be is a different story. If that info was added to this thread, I would do the swap myself.

Skeezix

Supradope
Dec 30, 2009
Regina, SK
I have a question that would fit in this thread. I have never had the cluster out so I have no idea, but would you be able to take out stock boost gauge, cut out behind it and put in an after market mechanical one?

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
i thought of that too but as im not a skilled cutter it seemed a bit tough for me....but now i think plx or somebody makes those super thin gauges that would minimize cutting needed....

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
jrot;1673823 said:
i thought of that too but as im not a skilled cutter it seemed a bit tough for me....but now i think plx or somebody makes those super thin gauges that would minimize cutting needed....

No. You would have to cut the whole thing out.

CyFi6 here on the forum has done it.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The smaller back gauges make it easier. You still have to leave the green circuit board intact.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
I have the Green circuit board (GTE) & white box that goes on the back of the cluster, without that box the boost gauge will not work. If your interested LMK.. only reason why i have this is because i bought a cluster from LeBlanc here on SM. since my cluster didn't have the original gauge faces & the aftermarket ones didn't work at all. Like i said LMK ill take pictures, it's in really good condition