A moment of silence.....

Larry_A

You don't matter
Apr 7, 2005
SoCAL
Posted on SFs, but here too for those that don't go there:

One of my best Supra friends was at a stop light & got rear ended by an SUV-equipped woman...his near-pristine dark silver '89 has been declared a total loss. You may know him as CygnusX1, purveyor of the much referred to online TSRM. Mike survived, but did suffer significant whiplash that continues to cause him pain.

This marks an end to Mike's involvement with the MkIII Supra. Mike never joined any of the forums, other than the old SOGI list; but he was made aware of the positive impact his website has had on so many MkIII owners, because our tiny local group told him so regularly. Mike did it all out of passion, not for fame or recognition. If he decides to take down his site, I'll see if I can find a home for it.

I share in his loss, if only due to the fact that a lot of the work on his car took place in my garage & driveway. I was that car's uncle. In fact, I was supposed to inherit the car when he was to ultimately part with it, which he'd been contemplating recently. It was going to be my way out of having to paint the gay blue I have now, <sigh>.

Many of the parts I helped put on will be finding a new home on the gay blue, which sounds great, but isn't much consolation. For me, a significant contributor to my own interest in these cars will be moving on.

Below is an old pic, before his new wheels/tires/coilovers.

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
supra_front_right_h.jpg

R.I.P.

Drive safe everyone, & watch out for cellphone toting bitches driving SUVs in your rearview.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
At first i thought crap another i wrecked my car thread.

But the Cygnus CAR!!!!!!

There goes a HUGE chunk of the supra community.

Very very sorry and sad to see that car go, it may not be pushing 800+ hp but it made damn sure that anyone w/ an internet browser could find out how to get there.

~Luis

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
suprarx7nut said:
That blows. I'd be so incredibly angry with someone in an SUV that took out something I worked so hard to maintain.

EVERYONE USE HANDS FREE KITS AND PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: werd. I bought a bluetooth headset just for driving.

= ( Hope he doens't leave the community.

Last edited:

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
I'm very sorry to hear that Larry, he indeed has been a giant influence in this community and a motivation for may members.

In this community people come and go, but then there are those people who have become such a staple here that the though never occurs that they might one day be gone. Please send him our condolences from the supramania group, and let us know if there is anything we can do.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
when i was too damn poor to afford a TSRM from toyota i thought Egay....but still to much for me. so searched google and found CygnusX1...damn! that man there helped me out without him even knowing so much into that site....

..if you ever read this i hope you get better. sorry for the loss of another loved one.

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
It is a sad event.... Thought it sounds cheesy these cars are rare, on any level you put it you can't go to a dealership and buy a new one, the check from the insurance company won't pay for the time... to know everyone of us is driving a car that if destroyed would be the end, the time the money, the energy, all lost. People look at us, car enthusiasts, as hoodlums, as people out to break the law ect... really we are in it for the love of a vehicles... for the love of a generation of cars. though to her she is more worried about her insurance, it is the fact that there is 1 less beautiful car on the road. We take pride in everything we do to our cars, all the jokes, all the sly remarks we make towards each other, in the end we all follow one dream. It is sad to see the car gone, what sorta strikes home is I am a new Supra owner, hell I have not even driven my car, but to know that one day it may happen to me, is something I don't want to think about. I do apologize for the loss of his car and have felt similar pains before. I was once told a lesson, and in this case it really wouldn't have mattered, but being a good driver.. is only 10% of the battle... you must also be a good observer... because if you can't observe the people around you, then how are you to prevent damage... I take it with me everyday on the road, and I am not saying what happened was preventable.. but that lesson tought me something, to some people, they just don't care, it is a car to them, they have never turned a wrench on it, been there fixing the car when it was down. So I guess it just sorta hits me as a new owner, that I had better enjoy the ride, until it falls away...

Please pass on my sorrow for his car, if any help is needed rehosting the TSRM I am all up for it. I do believe, not to change subjects, 1 community either SF or SM should take "ownership" and with contributions allow the TSRM to be hosted. That is way too much information to be deleted... and should atleast have mirrors just incase... I for 1 would be willing to host it at atleast 1 location if not 2.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Whew, Just by reading the title of the thread I thought one of us died in the car wreck, I'm glad it was just the car and not Mike that died. It's a shame to see the car go the the graveyard, but better the supra than the supra owner...

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
Glad to hear Mike is pretty much alright. Very sad day for all of us. I've been following his progress for the better part of 10 years as well and it's such a shame it had to end up this way.

Bob G

Last edited:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
starscream5000 said:
Whew, Just by reading the title of the thread I thought one of us died in the car wreck, I'm glad it was just the car and not Mike that died. It's a shame to see the car go the the graveyard, but better the supra than the supra owner...

Anyone who has lost their first supra or any supra knows that a part of them dies with the car. So technically one of us did pass away, everyone has their blood sweat and tears put into these things.

R.I.P.
Some one sell him another one so he can be hooked again.:biglaugh: