A feeler about another HID group buy

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Will they help me see better at night? A friend bought some expensive HIDs and they suck. Worse than stock. I am looking for functionality, not looks.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
ditto^

i also need new housings since mine are starting to yellow, and i dont like that.

are the bi kits hi and low beam?

whats the difference between the kits besides price?:1zhelp:

do the both offer low beam hid?
how wide is the projectory? how far?
what is the best housing to go along with them?

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Yeah I've got a couple questions too. If these are extremely noob, I apologize. I'd be interested in the bi xenon kit. Would I have to purchase two kits if I wanted to do both my Headlights and Fogs? Extremely interested, let me know....

Mo

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
*sigh* too much to comment on here..

The pattern from the HID's will depend completely on the design of the housings you get, get good quality Hella E-codes and you get a nice cutoff. Yes they have high beams (the bulb is actually moved back and forth, hard to explain, but it works)

Yes you would need 2 kits for fogs and headlights.

no projector (well, unless you have a projector housing), it's the bulb with a sheild for drop in use.

You'll have to modify the seals on the back of your fog lamps and headlight housings, and also do some wiring (very easy).

Ckanderson: do you think you could get me some replacement bulbs, or warranty help? one of mine is blown, and I still want 6000K's...

best pic I have right now, doesn't show cutoff, but there is a thread on here with them. I have 3000K fogs and 4300K headlights. Crappy camera, the glare is really nothing like this...
p705968_1.jpg

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Poodles said:
bixenon is the hi/low beam one, normal would only have low beams...

the only reason for them is to have the option of highbeaming those who highbeam you thinking you have brights on... hehe the highbeam is a non hid bulb and honestly i never use mine...

a bird told me HID kits are not legal on cars without projector lenses. anyone to confirm/deny this? :) has something to do with beam pattern... there is a warning on most HID kits saying to use the proper housings.. (could always pay the 5 bucks for the ebay projector housings)
i did notice HID are insanely bright with my hella housings heh

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
tlo86 said:
the only reason for them is to have the option of highbeaming those who highbeam you thinking you have brights on... hehe the highbeam is a non hid bulb and honestly i never use mine...

a bird told me HID kits are not legal on cars without projector lenses. anyone to confirm/deny this? :) has something to do with beam pattern... there is a warning on most HID kits saying to use the proper housings.. (could always pay the 5 bucks for the ebay projector housings)
i did notice HID are insanely bright with my hella housings heh

no, the high beam is simple the bulb moving with the sheild to the other spot where the second high beam filament would be in a normal bulb.

HID's are legal on vehicles without projectors, as not all OEM HID's are projectors (G35's aren't...the new ones are though).

HID's are brighter, and a cleaner light, I love em, but shitty normal DOT housings are NOT the way to go with them. Get the Hella E-codes and don't look back. The E-codes have a cutoff, blinders (DOT's do NOT have this), and overall better quality.

Doward: aren't the stock foglamps H3? Cna't remember, but yes the company makes them as well...

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Poodles said:
no, the high beam is simple the bulb moving with the sheild to the other spot where the second high beam filament would be in a normal bulb.

HID's are legal on vehicles without projectors, as not all OEM HID's are projectors (G35's aren't...the new ones are though).

HID's are brighter, and a cleaner light, I love em, but shitty normal DOT housings are NOT the way to go with them. Get the Hella E-codes and don't look back. The E-codes have a cutoff, blinders (DOT's do NOT have this), and overall better quality.

Doward: aren't the stock foglamps H3? Cna't remember, but yes the company makes them as well...

http://72.215.196.56/hummers/headlights/Hella_ecode_visionplus.htm

its about hummers but i understand what ya mean now. i bought e-codes so i guess im in the clear... i have large pupils so i have glare no matter what hehe kind of a PITA when i drive at night because it seems like everyone is highbeaming me :):)

check the chart on that page it'll help with color selection... or goto ebay use one of their charts hehe