'95 BMW M3 - shaeff's summer daily driver

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
suprahero;1318280 said:
They're undoubtedly stuck up and blind............I would have waved at you Chris........:naughty:

And I'd have jumped out the sunroof in my birthday suit and landed in your passenger seat! :love:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I was not expecting that.....................you got me good with that one............:biglaugh:

by the way, I will need that in writing, just in case I see you out......:naughty:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Would you like me to send you a written document to your home address? :love:

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
shaeff;1325445 said:
Made a quick video. :)

Good old straight 6 sound effects :) sounds good. I love bmws but owning a porsche i think has made me not want another german car. Its very reliable running wise but all kinds of stupid stuff breaks on this car. Power window wiring harness, the inside part of the door handle is busted so i cant get in, sunroof motor, etc. Gets annoying! Are bmws any better? haha

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Isphius;1325467 said:
Are bmws any better? haha

e36's? No! LOL. But it's fun, so I put up with it. I think I've finally got it good for summer in it's current state.

By the way, the exhaust on this car is bone stock. It's got a little rumble to it, though. I'll eventually get a used Stromung. Now THAT is how an e36 M street car should sound, in my opinion!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Brief update:

Car still runs great, been putting lots of miles on it. Also working on the FX35 retrofit into ZKW ellipsoid housings. Waiting on some new lenses to come in. Went with TSX-R's. Should spread the light more evenly, make a sharper cutoff, etc...

Hoping to have one side done by next weekend, assuming the lenses show up by then.

djblastsupratuner

Boost you must...........
May 2, 2007
Florida
Im gonna get me one of these later on whenever i graduate from UTI and it will be the same year. But instead of Daily Driver im going to make it a Drift car lol

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
That's probably not the best idea unless you seriously reinforce the rear subframes, and figure out a steadfast solution to the common broken differential bolt issue. These things aren't tanks like the Supra. ;)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I'm nearly finished modifying the FX35 projectors for better output. Here are a few pics that I posted on another forum:

So I picked up some TSX-r lenses from The Retrofit Source to use on my fx35's. It was tricky to get the lens spacing correct. I ended up using the outer insulation of a 16awg wire (without the wire in it) to space the bottom up just a tad from the housing, and another of the same size piece on the top of the lens between the lens holder and lens itself.

This provided me with a wicked sharp cutoff, with a nice blue band. I still have to tweak each projector a tiny bit, but this is it for the most part. They'll be going in an e36 M3 w/ ZKW ellipsoids.

On to the pics- my apologies for the quality, they were taken with my cell phone.

20-25ft- this pic was taken just a day or two ago at 8pm, so it was still pretty light out.

This was the first 75ft (approximately) output shot I had. I actually got the cutoff significantly sharper after I re-spaced the lens, but don't have pics of that yet so this'll have to do!

Infiniti FX-35 projectors, RS TSX-r lenses, removed second shields, shields painted high-temp flat black. Lens spacing.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
LOL. Yeah, with a few mods, they're damn nice! I can't wait to install them into my ZKW's! I yearn for more light!

Grab a set, Boris, they're not that expensive! If you're not going to mod them, make sure you get factory clear lenses, though. (not the frosted which looks clear, but isn't, or the fresnel, which just sucks)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Heh, I remember that! Classic example of me not being able to make up my mind. I believe I was looking for comfort for the most part. Heh...

I'm sorry to hear about your DD, but glad you're alright! The IS300's are nice. What are you looking for in your new DD? Comfort? Performance? etc...

The e36 M3 is a picky sonofabitch. It's a blast, though, so it's worth it!

Justin727

T-virus infected
I believe I've made up my mind with the IS.. Comfort, very smooth power, and looks great still. Toyota qaulity and the potential to someday get a nice 2j built for it.

Not to say I don't got love for the BMW's. Almost bought myself an 04 330i covertable

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Very true. I was really considering the IS cars. They're great looking, and have room to grow! :)

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
the IS car is nice, but the M3 i would say would be the best handling and power car over the IS,

but shaeff the headlights looking good, i still havent taken night pictures of my mine, but i light up a 4 lane hwy from end to end :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
arizzle;1339766 said:
the IS car is nice, but the M3 i would say would be the best handling and power car over the IS,

but shaeff the headlights looking good, i still havent taken night pictures of my mine, but i light up a 4 lane hwy from end to end :)
Thanks! I'd like to see some pics of yours, slacker! LOL. You're running TSX's, right? Did you use a shroud/bezel, or leave them open in the low-beam location.

I'm going to be drilling the centers out of my low beam lenses, so only someone with a careful eye will be able to tell it's a retrofit. ;)

Justin727;1339771 said:
I totally agree. But I love the toyota brand
I hear that! I've got a '94 Toyota 4x4 Pickup, and the Supra. It was very difficult for me to stray from the brand, but overall, I'd say that I'm happy to broaden my horizons. :)

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
shaeff;1339802 said:
Thanks! I'd like to see some pics of yours, slacker! LOL. You're running TSX's, right? Did you use a shroud/bezel, or leave them open in the low-beam location.

I'm going to be drilling the centers out of my low beam lenses, so only someone with a careful eye will be able to tell it's a retrofit. ;)

I hear that! I've got a '94 Toyota 4x4 Pickup, and the Supra. It was very difficult for me to stray from the brand, but overall, I'd say that I'm happy to broaden my horizons. :)

haha yeah, mine are TSX, and no bezels yet, i've just been looking around and liking the e46 bezels but probably paint them flat black :),

yeah i was thinking of drilling the center lense but i think im going to crack the lenses so i stay'd away lol.

yeah its just whenever im driving in the supra and then to the bmw its just like night and day.