94 Toyota pickup auto cross machine

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well here are some pic's really not much it was raining and I was in ****ty modd at lest I got got t shirt and ball cap and stuff form them

my lsd max grip rebuild kit came in today got the last one in stock to he says it's hard for him to keep them on the self's

before and after video
flywheel movie 22re - YouTube

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Well I installed the new Weir performace max grip kithttp://www.weirperformance.com/maxgriplsdkits.html and wow this truck just got even more fun to drive no more second guessing rear end if it's going to lock or unlock.

I really should have done this sooner can't wait to try it with the beat meats going to make this truck alot more fun and easier to race around the track.

Only bad part is my gears are worn and I don't have that great off pattern cause frankly did not care at this point since I am not sure what ratio I may going with next ???

But it's setup right now at 6 thou but could be deeper for the pinon side of things

undo one ebrake cable and just pop the shafts out and theres engough flex in the brake lines to do this with out un-doing brake lines

10 thou of back lash that means the crush sleav has moved on me and teh gears should be raplaced cause they gave an odd pattern

New lug nuts

All miced out time for the hat test

Hat test was good time to put it all back together had to remove some shim's

That it for pic's was kinda lazy with the camera

tomorrow going to put my race tires on and new lusg and mabye wash the truck

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Today I am super pumped I got 10th place out of 50 cars in my silly truck woot woot, and first place is my class not bad for silly under powered truck.

sky line this and subure that lol

The lsd worked out awesome, I still have a bog isssue thou from the stock ecu but that will be fixed sooon when I installed the stand alone.

from the vids I took you can see me punching the steering wheel

Favorite for last

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Well I have done some stuff here are some pic's

Son of a bitch is it hard to find proper diagrams for this bloody truck

But the good new is I got all the parts I need to start the stand alone swap

Front timing cover,balancer and a oil pump so I can start to make a mount for the trigger wheel
Oh and I found a intermediate wiper switch woot been looking for one of thous for a long time

A harness to chop up

Today was some what fun I am still tracking pin outs thous but I got must of them so far.

My idea is to make it fully plug and play no extra relays ect clip it in and go

I just pick up this for the harness

Here is the mess thus far

Just taking out the wires from the stock harness I need Still have a few missing pins that I don't know what they do yet

Some thing's came in today "Took long enough"

Fun times ahead and then a aliment and she is solid

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well you know me me...

Today was a bushing day and I did it with twist thou because I really hate squeaky polly bushings.

First off I really hate to burn bushings out but I had to burn the left over after using window cutting wire it works well saves time on the uppper bushings.
The lower arms are well easy as **** since ya just made 3 drills and popped out with a pry bar after cutting off the over hang of the stock bushings.

the upper bushing was well crappy since I had break away the eye let race after drilling some holes in the rubber and use a vise to hold it all and then use a braided wire to cut most of the rubber out.

When the rubber was cut I used a torch to burn off the residue

then I installed the greash fittings

ps The bread knife is the best to use to cut rubber even it is dual as **** it well cut like butter

pics

shave down the race with a bread knife

wire wheel and bit of well it's in the pic

what is this

tapping the lower control arm mount

grooved busing so it can be lubed at at time

installed

good old bread knife

drilling out rubber

monkey wrench pulls the race out

used 12 gauge wire at frist it failed so I got glass cutting wire worth a try lol

welded up sections for grease fittings

tapped

installed

push have been channnled

well it's beer time boys have a good one

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Nice and easy to get at.

Took it for a drive today alignment is off but rides so smooth and really quick in the steering
but lost some spring rate because the stock bushing's provided some resistance. I knew this would happen thou to solve this I may get djm lower control arms so I can bind up the t bars some more.

so far from what i have started from with out spending a bunch of money I have killer track truck.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Well today I did some thing I have wanted to install ever since I got the truck.... and it is a intermittent wiper switch!!!!!

For the longest time I could not find one but then I found one woot woot.

Funny part is I have to modifie it so it will work with my Toyota supra mk3 hub for my momo wheel since the stock 22re one set to far foreword. The mk3 supra one sits alot closer to the steering column.

So what you have to do is swap the front plastic spring hub and add in clock spring from a none air bag Toyota supra so your turn signals will cancel and the horn will work.
Then add in set screw to hold the clock spring in place in there's a thread hole to make things easier.

so in the end I can flick my signals and wiper with out reaching off the wheel.

Well here are some pic's

mk3 clock spring

stock one

modded one

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Well I found a w58 trans for my truck now all I need to do is buy a 4.30 gear set and I am golden

Only issue is finding a speed sensor for a 4.30 diff to go into the tranny so my speedo will read right

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
New intake pipe is done time to work on making the new light weight cold air box.

To bad 2 welds were done with cheap alum tig rod grab it by miss take and was wondering why it was not flowing as good so i thew all the cheap rod out so it never happens again.

Well here are some pic's

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Spary in bed liner... holly **** that stinks! If I am dead tomorrow you know why. Holding your breath and sparying is not the best idea....forgetting mask even dumber

But it's all done now and thanks to my buddy letting me use his tent to do it in

Pic's

some person befor drill holes in the rain so I had to fill them

Dear lord look what was hiding under my liner

sanded and converted rust and then filler to level out dents

it's scuffing time

one more wipe down to go

spraying with a gun is far better then any roller hands down

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Bammm sexy gas saver mode engaged

finally installed my Christmas gift from my Dad since t took for ever to come in and the holy rusty ugly box bs

but she looks good now

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
track events

spin out rain the truck sucks in it but I never hit a cone thou side ways though a gate hahah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y2iuRK-ss8

fastest run that day with rain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFTzsu0C8Uo

placed 10th out of 54 cars in a silly truck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnx-ll7Jbwo

placed 2 in the practice run hahah they figured my truck was slow hahah watch the end hahah we went to new track they never knew about my truck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9bbxX-0L9M

Last edited:

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
update time

trigger wheel

new box and fresh set of 7mge injectors to install

Cast can be bitch with transformer tig some times

nice and hot lol

nice and smooth

little snip here and there

looks good I think

Welded good for being oil soaked all it life alot of junk flowed into the weld puddle not bad for transformer welder stuck at 60 hz

painted back side so there's no rust

bed liner layed spary can it in not so great but does the job cause its crap in a can

summer time project

tiggy tiggy but for what?

nice coat of black paint

and a boob shot and who cares about the face

taped the holes and installed breakers

Soldered then capped then heat shrink tube other wise weather proof

and **** I am out of ring termniales so I will finish it tomorrow

what ya guys think so far ??

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Didn't have time to look through everything but looks pretty damn good.

Now that you've relocated the battery are you going to relocate the stock air box to the passenger side for less heat soaked tubing and simpler routing?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Not sure it does not get hot thou alumin does not heat soak as bad as steel

and longer intake tube helps with torq

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Yes there is it blew a head gasket lol

so see is off the road built head efi swap all the cool stuff that I wanted to do

all post pic's if your interested