92nsx's supra build

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
Personally I think you would be far better off buying a used c6 vette than a viper, From what I've heard vipers are neat cars but they don't hook up well at all. Especially once you start making a lot of power.
Plus the vette is just a way better looking car...just my opinion though.

Not to hate on c4's really but I finally got to ride in my neighbors yesterday and if felt looser than my supra with the targa off... Also did you know they use a torsion bar front suspension? I thought that was for trucks and suv's?

Last edited:

EwGoetsch

EdWORD
Jul 12, 2009
Minneapolis Minnesota
You should take me for a ride sometime in that supercharged northstar!!!, I got a 1994 Eldorado ETC with 58,000 miles on it in my garage with an oil leak (damn northstars so hard to work on), and i can show you my new 83' Cressida.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Moy;1604777 said:
make sure you turbo that Viper ;)

Na, no need to.

funky_monkey58;1604805 said:
If you think spending money on a supra is tough try turboing a Viper and then check back and tell us how cheap the supra really was.

Besides my old setup outran viper gts's heck the one I raced was even the ACR version.

Who the fuck said ANYTHING about me turboing a viper I would get? Not me :p

""yhoo, look at me, I raced a viper".........Who gives a fuck!! where is your motor now?

As for a ACR, Wow! ACR is a viper that can actually, sum what turn in a corner. Google it. But let me guess, the owner of the viper is STILL driving around ;)

funky_monkey58;1604951 said:
I was at whatever power my car made on 24psi. The new setup I have going on should get me more power at 10 psi than the old one did at 25psi. Vipers are LOL as far as a super car goes.

Supra's are even more LOL cars because of 90% of the owners being pecker heads ;)

Who invited you to this conversation? :kickinthenuts::thefinger

toyotanos;1604985 said:
...... but then again, the C4 Rob has will likely do very well on an autocross track too.

It should hold its own the way it is. The zo7 with FX3 suspension it has, is very well talked up. But I cant drive for shit so I would lose ;)

dslocal;1605078 said:
Personally I think you would be far better off buying a used c6 vette than a viper, From what I've heard vipers are neat cars but they don't hook up well at all. Especially once you start making a lot of power.
Plus the vette is just a way better looking car...just my opinion though.

Not to hate on c4's really but I finally got to ride in my neighbors yesterday and if felt looser than my supra with the targa off... Also did you know they use a torsion bar front suspension? I thought that was for trucks and suv's?

The C6's are sexy , but not for me. Im not a fan of the ass on it, but maybe some day after the viper.

C4 worse wet noodle then mkIII ??? I own both and the the VETTE is WAY better. Yes there is some but that is a givin for any car with it's roof off. Now it is not in any way great, but way better then my 89 sup. Also it is well documented that c4's ride like lumber wagons. Now add the zo7 on top of it, even worse for the street.

As for the suspension, yes, it is a torsion bar, side ways leaf spring looking thing. ( I dont know the correct name for it) But it is in front and rear. As for a truck, I think the Vette's is engineered for a sports car, not a truck, since GM says the 94 with the zo7 will pull a 1G+ turn ;)

EwGoetsch;1605106 said:
You should take me for a ride sometime in that supercharged northstar!!!, I got a 1994 Eldorado ETC with 58,000 miles on it in my garage with an oil leak (damn northstars so hard to work on), and i can show you my new 83' Cressida.

Supercharged northstar? I dont own one. You might be thinking of a STS-V. I own a CTS-V. No supercharger here just a small LS6 under the hood.

As for Northstars, I know what you are talking about. But I found my 96 STS w/ a n-star, pretty ez to work on. Replacing the starter was a PITA, but still not the worse thing in the world like trying the change a stupid oil filter on a OEM turbo MKIII supra!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Dam it.! Every time I want to drive the sup the f@#$ing battery is dead. I guess this is what I get for not driving it the last 6 weeks. Time to buy another battery tender. That's all I got, wanted to go for a drive but I can't since the battery is once again dead :(

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Rob, mine kept doing the same . I now just use the rear kill switch we installed for drag racing. When I get out of the car or put her into the garage, I just flip the switch and kill all power.
BTW, we are putting on my new crank pulley and re-assembling her tomorrow. Hope to drive her this weekend.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Umm.....:evil2::evil2: Must have been lunch time? Just hooked the battery charger up to her and she is good to go again.

Also bought up the spec 3+ clutch form Bigzavs, that he had F/S. Just waiting for it also to show up in the mail box.

As for the European mirrors, they have been in transit / customs / really slow ass boat for the last 2+ weeks. :(

If any one has a lead on the Items below let me know, the wallet is opening slowly.

AEM emu, or any other engine management
Fox body (mustang) throttle body
Bosch 040 In Tank Fuel Pump
Mounting brackets for turbo R lip air ducts
GOOD carrier bearing for drive shaft.
Toyota, all front end oil seals (engine)
Wideband AFR
Rockford Fosgate P2D412 sub (or another 12", duel voice coil, for small box). My mtx D81000 amp smoked my last one.
TRD leather shift knob
Or other Items I dont need :naughty:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Another part I need to find a storage spot for.

p1626119_1.jpg

I still cant believe the OEM clutch is holding the power / torque Im putting threw it! At least it looked OEM when I put it in, its a frankin-clutch!!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
CajunKenny;1626129 said:
You're running an OEM clutch!? You better have that thing bronzed and hung on your wall!

Yep still the oem clutch and friction disc.

fixitman04;1626131 said:
im sure it will be right beside the bhg on the wall in the garage

I could, but Im sure I will sell it. Its a proven clutch to hold 417hp / 382 tq at the wheels. Add in about 15% for drive train loss and it is a pretty stout clutch, frankin-clutch!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
That's pretty awesome! I just got my adjustable cam gears on. Just in time for dyno next weekend! I'm hoping to be in the ballpark of you and Steve. We'll see...

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
CajunKenny, so what you put down on the the dyno?

Lets see what came in the mail this week...

p1628740_1.jpg

p1628740_2.jpg

I didn't want to put one on but the GF all ways complains when I move the car out of the garage , eyes are burning.

3" high flow cat. But the best part is that it has the flanges that twist so the exhaust tips can be level. Only thing it is about 1 1/4" shorter then the OEM cat, so I hope the cat back will still line up correct.

Also went out and bought a Wii since the GF wanted one. It is pretty entertaining with my home theater in the basement. Just move the seating out of the way, and it is pretty much life size. Good fun when drinking ;) A couple pics I took,

p1628740_3.jpg

p1628740_4.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
92nsx;1628740 said:
CajunKenny, so what you put down on the the dyno?

Still having issues. Again, I couldn't get much past 15 psi. :( I was able to swindle a TQ boost by adjusting the intake cam though. So, that was nice to see. She made 361 hp/360 tq @ 16 psi.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
First of all, sorry about the shit pics. My Evo phone broke and is in for r&r, so I used this loaner palm phone ( witch sucks by the way) for the pics. I think my cat hid my Dig camera on me.

Well good news and bad news.

First the bad, I sent the clutch I bought back. At the time I didn't see it was a stage 2 and not a 3+. Thank you Steve for the heads up ;)

The good news, about a week ago the slow boat from across the pond showed up :) Well worth the 8 week shipping time.

p1636399_1.jpg

p1636399_2.jpg

Now the bad ( sort of ) news about them.

They were suppose to be the same paint code as my car but there a tad darker then my paint. :cry: it looks to be the same color as Steve's car. But there close. Also on one mirror it looks like the screws were corroded in and to broke off, then the guy tried to drill them out. But it shouldn't be to hard to fix.

p1636399_3.jpg

p1636399_4.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
northwestsupra;1636413 said:
probably wont even notice the difference when its installed

^^^ That is what Im hoping for, because new paint is the VERY last thing for this long over due build. When I get ambition I will start to install them and the other goodies I have waiting.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
you may notice in the shade, but you will never see it in the sun. plastic parts always look darker in the shade with metalic colors. it has to do with the way the flake settles with the static on plastic.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
The photos can do the typing ;)

p1641850_1.jpg

p1641850_2.jpg

p1641850_3.jpg

p1641850_4.jpg

p1641850_5.jpg

What was needed to R&R the left side European mirror

p1641850_6.jpg

Before

p1641850_7.jpg

After

p1641850_8.jpg

Turns out the paint pretty much matches perfect, (under the garage lights). Now to see them out in the sun to see how close they are.

Now more room to walk between the cars when there in the garage thanks to some European / euro market mirrors! Whoo.

p1641850_9.jpg

p1641850_10.jpg

Now to decide what I should/want to do with the original 89 mirrors. Keep for a rainy day just because or sell?

p1641850_11.jpg