92nsx's supra build

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Absolute nothing to really update my thread with, besides I received the 6.5" speaker pods from the gb and found a cozy place on the shelf for them to sit for the next XX years.

I did take her on a cruise down to the parents house last weekend (280 miles round trip). I averaged 22 MPG on the trip. The A/C rocking ice cold, oil temps stayed at 195 F., cruise control set at 75 mph, and ran perfect. Not to bad for a sup with 400+ rwhp I think. Now Just need to wait till the snow starts to fly around here again so the fuel system and computer can be upgraded.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
toyotanos;1602219 said:
Glad to hear its running well, Rob!

it is just to bad I don't drive it more.

emiliorescigno;1602281 said:
It sounds like you're driving my dream Supra, Rob. 400hp, civilized, reliable, and comfortable!

If you plan on using those 6.5" speaker pods, I have 3 sets of 6.5" Infinity Kappa speakers I'm going to be selling soon if you're interested:
One pair of these: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-C0ffN6CnZTt/p_108627I/Infinity-Kappa-62-7i.html
and two pairs of these: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Xm4GSINB153/p_108637I/Infinity-Kappa-63-7i.html

I will keep them in mind.

On a side note I have been giving it serious though to sell or part out the supra, then sell the vette and replace them with one summer car. Looking at a viper GTS. This way only 2 cars to drive. The caddy to pull DD duty and a viper for the other times. We'll see, still in the early stage of the thinking process .

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well I picked up a new flat screen screen for the garage this passed week, so it lit a small fire under my ass to get the sheet rock joints finished to make way for paint. Yes it was F***ing hot but it is almost done. Maybe the weekend after next I will get it finished. ( next weekend is BIR )

Now I am trying to make up my mind if I want to add a A/C unit to the garage or now. It isn't really needed but those couple weeks then it gets really smokin hot up here it would be nice to have.

The flat screen is just sitting on the work bench for now till every thing is finished the up on the wall it goes.

p1602700_1.jpg

EwGoetsch

EdWORD
Jul 12, 2009
Minneapolis Minnesota
I never knew that you put so much effort into your supra when i came and bought those parts from ya and checked it out. Great job.

My Cressida was totaled and got $1400 for it. Spent it on school bills. And a year later it was worth the wait, cause i found a 83' mx53 Cressida 5 manual LSD, from California with no rust for $750 only bad think is it has 276,000 miles on it. im busy with my job but if i get time it would be sweet to visit again and show you the Cressida, your not to far away. And yea its been wicked hot and mega thunder storms latley!

Last edited:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
^^^ yep there has been a lot of time , effort , and money spent on the sup. And in all reality, it is still not near done. Still needs fuel and computer work, then paint and wheels. That is why I'm still the fence about keeping it.

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
It'll be worth it in the end though my friend

Look at that supra in the grill and tell me you could live without that sexy car and never have second thoughts :cry:........

Supra=:love: LOL

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

I'd rather spend my money on a car rather than a chick any day. A car might leave you stuck on the side of the road, but itll still be with you. A chick......... well..............:sadwavey: at any moment

Last edited:

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
suprastroker88;1604446 said:
It'll be worth it in the end though my friend

Look at that supra in the grill and tell me you could live without that sexy car and never have second thoughts :cry:........

Supra=:love: LOL

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

I'd rather spend my money on a car rather than a chick any day. A car might leave you stuck on the side of the road, but itll still be with you. A chick......... well..............:sadwavey: at any moment

Ehh, It's not as worth it as people make it out to be.

I can shoot my supra in the grilles without thinking twice.

Once you start playing into the 5 digit range with a hot rod or tuner car you start thinking about it.

I've been playing with these cars since 2002 and am looking for a change, as well. Rob luckily has a C4. ;)

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well guys I'm still thinking dodge viper GTS. That would be the only reason I would part with the supra and vette. Just time to change things up a little.

Don't me wrong I still love the supra's looks , just think it might need to move to make room for a viper.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Moy;1604777 said:
make sure you turbo that Viper ;)

If you think spending money on a supra is tough try turboing a Viper and then check back and tell us how cheap the supra really was.

Besides my old setup outran viper gts's heck the one I raced was even the ACR version.

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
funky_monkey58;1604805 said:
If you think spending money on a supra is tough try turboing a Viper and then check back and tell us how cheap the supra really was.

Besides my old setup outran viper gts's heck the one I raced was even the ACR version.

didnt you run that viper with like 400 somethin rwhp? i watched the video. just forgot the specs

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
suprastroker88;1604818 said:
didnt you run that viper with like 400 somethin rwhp? i watched the video. just forgot the specs

I was at whatever power my car made on 24psi. The new setup I have going on should get me more power at 10 psi than the old one did at 25psi. Vipers are LOL as far as a super car goes.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
But it will outhandle a lot of cars when not driving in a straight line... but then again, the C4 Rob has will likely do very well on an autocross track too.