92 supra CD radio pinout

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Anyone got one? I've got a 92 supra radio model number CD-1634 TL1 but the connector in my 91 is gone so i need a pinout. Plan is to directly solder the wires to the players pins but I don't know what wire to put to which pin, thats why i need a pinout. Any help would be appreciated. I guess a 92 with CD player connector pinout would do the trick, thanks.

stolensupra

Gotta spray to play!
Jan 2, 2010
NORTH CAROLINA- Greensboro
I'll have my radio out later today and still have the factory wiring harness attached to adapters. Does or did your 92 have two separate plugs to go into the stereo one that's like an 8 or 12 pin and another that is like a 4 pin? That's how the factory harness in my 87 is.

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
Why would you want to hard wire your deck? If it stops working or of you have to take it out to get to something your only gonna make problems for your self or anyone else who may own the car in the future.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
I believe the 92 has the 15 pin, but I've included the older 14 pin and newer 20 pin connectors as well. All of these are interchangeable since they have the same basic signals.

TEAC-14.jpg

TEAC-15.jpg

TEAC-20.jpg

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Thank you very much, i think although the deck is a double din the P500 connector matches with the deck i've got. Only reason i'm doing this is because the 91' i got didn't come with a radio and the PO cut the connector and i got a 92' deck for free so i'm trying to make it work. Again, thank you guys.

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
Go to the local dealer and check to see if they still sell the replacement connectors and pins. It wont be in the normal EWD youll have to look through a catalog and find them. This way you still have the ability to remove said radio if need be.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Maple191;1899917 said:
Go to the local dealer and check to see if they still sell the replacement connectors and pins. It wont be in the normal EWD youll have to look through a catalog and find them. This way you still have the ability to remove said radio if need be.

If anything i can still remove the radio and it'll be just like how it is now. That is a good idea though, the chances that they'll have a connector are slim but it is worth a shot. Thanks.