May 29, 2005
under my hood
gyvypeby.jpg

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
Build looks clean.
but how are you going to keep the engine cool if the exhaust side is in the front?

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
Nice fabrication!

More motor than I would ever want just due to the inevitable gas-hungriness, but I'm sure pushing on the gas pedal will feel like thrusting into a nubile hollywood starlet... metaphorically. haha. Hope it turns out the way you want!

in regards to what msjn1 asked: Ceramic coatings and header wrap would go a long way towards that end. When IJ did his up-and-over big single v8 thing, he also used some fancy corrugated aluminum-ceramic heat shielding. Turbo blankets would be good, too. With the dual CT26 1UZ-FE kit that the former owner of my car (bryan) built, he made turbo heat shields from two halves of a stainless steel cooking pot. :) For the sake of belts and wires and other doodads in the bay, I doubt you can go overboard with the shielding, short of totally obstructing airflow. The more heat that goes out with the exhaust (as opposed to hanging out in the engine bay), the better. I'm interested what you come up with, OP.

Last edited:

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
He already has the Turbos, and has everything exhaust wise fabbed up. Worst case scenario is he doesn't like it, chops off the flanges and welds on some t4 flanges and goes with something bigger.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
The CT's will probably be spooled at idle LOL I'll be interested in the outcome but keep up the good work!!! Looks good so far.

vidar540

May 9, 2009
Iceland
Hi. I had some time this weekend to work on the supra and the motor is in for the last time, next on the list is wiring.
And more pics.
2013-10-01-626.jpg
2013-10-01-627.jpg

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Cool, what are you going to go with as far as EMS? Those are bone stock CT26's right? You could always upgrade the CT's compressor wheels if you get bored of the power.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Looking great, man.
I think the CT's will be a good choice for this motor, with each one being driven by the exhaust from 4(larger) cylinders, rather than 6.
Seems like a good balance, as far as power band.