92 Supra 6.0ls twin CT26

vidar540

May 9, 2009
Iceland
Hi there.
My supra got the typical BHG some days ago so I am stuffing in a 6.0ls (lq9) and a Tremec TKO 6060. I have two CT26 turbos and am planing on using them.
The motor is being rebuilt now with some new parts, the bottom is stock with new rings main rod and cam bearings. The Tremec is new and I got a used mcleod twin disc clutch with new discs on ebay.

I will update later with pics when motor is in. I hope you like it. :naughty:

2013-06-23-292.jpg

2013-06-04-232.jpg

Attachments

• 2013-06-23-292.jpg
    2013-06-23-292.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 135

RBD 305

Aug 19, 2010
Florida
Awesome engine/trans combo, but why twin ct-26?

What is the purpose for this vehicle(street/strip/track)?

How much power do you plan to make?

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Poodles;1948157 said:
Interesting. Double the displacement and double the turbos, makes sense to me!

I agree, going to be an awesome build if it all fits! and the originality of it is awesome, I wish I could fab. my own vehicle up like this.

grifter679

Dec 14, 2008
San Francisco
i would skip on the ct26s, those motors like to breathe and the cts will hold you back. larger t4 turbos are a real nice setup for it. even a single 78 mm will get you 650rwhp on mild boost

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
You obviously have money to do this swap/build. Don't go the twin ct26 route. Why not build one hell of a 408 stroker with aftermarket heads, cam, and intake? You could easily have a 600+ hp n/a powerplant. Add a 150 shot of nitrous and you're close to 800hp powerplant. Why bother with all of that custom fabbing for two small stock turbos?
Double the displacement, double the stock turbos, double the stock hp puts your at 466hp? Up the boost of those ct26's and get low 600hp? You can do that on the motor alone. Maybe I'm wrong... just my inexperienced guess.
BTW, you're doing the very same swap I wish I could afford to do. I support your build either way you go. Please post every detail for us all to enjoy and learn from. Thank you.

I just noticed the custom valve covers and the tig welder in the background. I take it you do a little fabbing yourself?

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Suprapowaz!(2);1948354 said:
You obviously have money to do this swap/build. Don't go the twin ct26 route. Why not build one hell of a 408 stroker with aftermarket heads, cam, and intake? You could easily have a 600+ hp n/a powerplant. Add a 150 shot of nitrous and you're close to 800hp powerplant. Why bother with all of that custom fabbing for two small stock turbos?
Double the displacement, double the stock turbos, double the stock hp puts your at 466hp? Up the boost of those ct26's and get low 600hp? You can do that on the motor alone. Maybe I'm wrong... just my inexperienced guess.
BTW, you're doing the very same swap I wish I could afford to do. I support your build either way you go. Please post every detail for us all to enjoy and learn from. Thank you.

I just noticed the custom valve covers and the tig welder in the background. I take it you do a little fabbing yourself?

Nice thing about turbos though, the car can have that much power and be completely streetable and well mannered. Crazy tuned N/A's aren't known to be pleasant to drive :)

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Poodles;1948389 said:
Nice thing about turbos though, the car can have that much power and be completely streetable and well mannered. Crazy tuned N/A's aren't known to be pleasant to drive :)

I agree as well. A good turbo with proper tune can compete with a large displacement engine pretty well and still be nice and smooth throughout the power band.

With the added coolness factor. :naughty:

RBD 305

Aug 19, 2010
Florida
grifter679;1948346 said:
i would skip on the ct26s, those motors like to breathe and the cts will hold you back. larger t4 turbos are a real nice setup for it. even a single 78 mm will get you 650rwhp on mild boost

This...is exactly what I was thinking when I said why twin ct-26's? and like others mentioned it would make great power N/A with a 100-175 shot. But it's the OP build, hopefully he chimes in to answers all these ???'s lol.

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
twins will be a nightmare to plumb. get some shorty headers and flip them around and plumb them into one big single near a front headlight.

Check out Mike O'Brien's 1uz build

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?56444-Mike-s-(Supersubs-s)-Big-Boy-Build/page42

p1948928_1.jpg

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
/\ I wish i had that much room in my engine bay! Plumbing a single turbo is still a pita, I tried. Although the SBC isnt nearly as wide, so it may be much easier.

There is a website floating around where a guy built a 350 Supra with two turbos mounted down on the sides of the block, that puts a new definition to "block huggers" hahaha. I wouldn’t begin to think about doing anything like that with the 1UZ without hacking the body to shit, and I just won’t do that.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
Suprapowaz!(2);1948354 said:

But the blow off valve sound is so cool!!! :naughty:

vidar540

May 9, 2009
Iceland
I can see not all like my twin CT26 idea but the CT26 will be used and later on I can upgrade to something else. I ran in to an issue with the lq9 to day, it is a 1999 model and the backend of the crank is a bit longer on the 99-00 lq9 so I need to pull it out and attack it with a cheese slicer or something to shorten it.
The 7M will be pulled out ths weekend and then test fitting can begin. :icon_bigg

RBD 305

Aug 19, 2010
Florida
vidar540;1949067 said:
I can see not all like my twin CT26 idea but the CT26 will be used and later on I can upgrade to something else. I ran in to an issue with the lq9 to day, it is a 1999 model and the backend of the crank is a bit longer on the 99-00 lq9 so I need to pull it out and attack it with a cheese slicer or something to shorten it.
The 7M will be pulled out ths weekend and then test fitting can begin. :icon_bigg

You would save a lot of money going single instead, and there's soo many options for a midsize turbo for any horsepower goal between 500-800whp. (Precision 6266,6466,6766 or Borgwarner S366 etc)

I would definitely reconsider going twin ct-26 (internally wastegated/special turbine outlet flange/small T25 flange) soo many cons..

grifter679

Dec 14, 2008
San Francisco
the longer lq9 crank is fine as it is the same as the later ls1/6 lm7 cranks, the short style cranks require you to run a spacer between the flex plate or flywheel.
I am in the middle of a iron block ls6 build, lm7 bored to fit ls6 pistons, high compression build 11:1 CR. I have a tc78 turbo sitting on the shelf if I ever need the power but I feel a HCI ls6 will be plenty. I will be watching this one closely.