91 supra totaled, fix it?

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
your car looks like you can still drive it as is lol! it looks definitely fixable. nothing looks twisted or tweaked.suspension looks untouched. way better looking than mine!:naughty:

do doors open properly? little pull here and there and hang a new bumper on it and its good to go!:biglaugh:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
2jz swaps are legal in kali....

cut the frame and weld in a better one off a non crashed car.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Have you sent adjuster a PM yet? $4800 for your miles and condition is a whitewashing. Then again, you kept the car.

My wife was hit from behind at a light by a Yukon a coule of years ago. They paid us $5900, with 125,000 miles. The shop didn't buy all new parts, and the bill ended up being $4500 instead.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
fix it! dont get discouraged. heres my carnage!:cry:

Attachments

• IMG_1218.jpg
    IMG_1218.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1220.jpg
    IMG_1220.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1221.jpg
    IMG_1221.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
If Keylan aka Topnotch2jz could fix that mkiv, then this could be fixed...but...you're going to need a lot of skill, patience and money. First you need to pull the engine/tranny and strip the front end, hood, fenders, and really anything that can be unbolted and remove...remove. Have a bodyshop come look at it and see if they can straighten it on a frame machine. It's best to have the engine out for this. If they can't you'll need to start chopping. You're probably going to need a new crossmember too. It can be done, it's just how much time, money and labor are you willing to put out.
I say go for it, but I'm partial to that color and year. ;)

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Rennat;1344835 said:
i've seen quite a few VERY clean supras come up on craigslist in the past 6 months...

do you not have the money anymore to buy one?
i'd consider selling my 90/turbo/targa/5-speed... as i need a more "economical" car for college...

some decent supras...
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1220548601.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1219791359.html <--- seen that car in person, its beautiful, i would swap your engine and harness and keep the rest of your car for parts incase you need them.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1217445667.html

and thats just after 10mins on craigslist.... if your waiting for another blue one then i would post up a WTB either on here or CL...

what happened is that I would kinda go through phases of what I wanted, sometimes I would feel like I'd take anything 89+, sometimes I would skip all targas, or sometimes I would feel like I would only like a 91 or 92 sunroof. Whenever I went back to searching for 89+ cars, it seemed like they all dissapeared. Also, some of the good ones seemed like they sold within the end of the day. I'm lookin for something less than 120k miles though, mine has 87k and driving one with 175 would constantly remind me of what I had. I definetly would like to get one with engine trouble and just toss mine in, but i'm kinda picky; my supra was perfect to me. Is it a problem to change interiors, bc that would increase my choices to include the red-interior ones

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
mecevans;1344916 said:
your car looks like you can still drive it as is lol! it looks definitely fixable. nothing looks twisted or tweaked.suspension looks untouched. way better looking than mine!:naughty:

do doors open properly? little pull here and there and hang a new bumper on it and its good to go!:biglaugh:

It does drive acually, the tow truck put it in the garage and later I drove it out and flipped it around to park it nose first on the drive way, but I bypassed the intercooler, had no radiator or coolant, and was running off the battery. yes, the doors do open fine

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
hvyman;1344973 said:
2jz swaps are legal in kali....

cut the frame and weld in a better one off a non crashed car.

so what's the final verdict on swapping, is my engine in an n/a legal to drive?

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Nick M;1345022 said:
Have you sent adjuster a PM yet? $4800 for your miles and condition is a whitewashing. Then again, you kept the car.

My wife was hit from behind at a light by a Yukon a coule of years ago. They paid us $5900, with 125,000 miles. The shop didn't buy all new parts, and the bill ended up being $4500 instead.

I know I got screwed in the settlement but it's too late and I know what to do next time; don't take it to a towyard because some insurance co. don't pay for storage, don't bug the police for the report because they'll just "missplace it", and instead bug your insurance to look up the other person using the license plate if you couldn't get any info. oh, and get an appraisal on your car every couple of years

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
gtsfirefighter;1345499 said:
If Keylan aka Topnotch2jz could fix that mkiv, then this could be fixed...but...you're going to need a lot of skill, patience and money. First you need to pull the engine/tranny and strip the front end, hood, fenders, and really anything that can be unbolted and remove...remove. Have a bodyshop come look at it and see if they can straighten it on a frame machine. It's best to have the engine out for this. If they can't you'll need to start chopping. You're probably going to need a new crossmember too. It can be done, it's just how much time, money and labor are you willing to put out.
I say go for it, but I'm partial to that color and year. ;)

yea, I wouldn't mind doing that, it's just that I want to make sure that's the right route. I would just drop everything though if I could have your car ;)