88 Supra Build JDM SON

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
Heyyy, I come bareing tideings of good news and beer....minus the beer cuz i dont drink. I got the motor in the car today with the help if Kotu100. We finished getting it in there a few hours ago, just need a jack and a couple more bucks and i can finish everything that needs to be done for the car and i still got another month without a licence anyway. Here are some pics that i took after we got it back in the car.

4628144256_2c055d158f_o.jpg

4628144248_dcf3dbee98_o.jpg

4627540179_058de272dc.jpg

4627540155_f98ebc0ee5_o.jpg

Harley

Sep 24, 2009
Adelaide
I actually read through all eleven pages of this thread.
Well done buddy, you've made a great rescue :)
Can't wait to see when it's completely finished!
P.S the faded bumper and nose cone add to the "i've been driven" look, great work ;)

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
Thanks a lot Harley it has been a long year or so with this car and every challenge turns out to be an eye opener to what I could have done better and what I continue to do better. This build would not at all been possible with out the help of my long time friend kotu100. This car would still be in shambles if he had not passed his infinite help and wisdom down to me when I needed it (that I have needed a hell of a lot through this build sorry kotu >_<) and it seems that even in the car world friends can help u get through all the hard times and I am very grateful for all his help thus far. So today starts another page in the supra build I have jacked the transmission up into place and am getting ready to put the bolts in place as we speak. I literary just came inside to get the camera to take some pics as i progress through the day and get done what I can solo.
Check back for another update before the days over gents I'm sure ill get even more done today then I figured I would. Until then later folks

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
So I have been wrenching a lot lately, I took the day off of school and got to getting the last tranny brace on and bolting my motor mounts in you have no idea how mind clearing it is to work on my car. I just went through a bad break up and have been pretty upset so im trying to keep busy on the supe. also the radiator and all corisponding hoseing is now on the vehicle. The fan has been painted and put back on, Got the intercooler pipe i have been searching for from a buddy for free, and found a bolt thats gunna fit to put my actually tranny bracket all the way on. Check for updates and pics soon havent been able to load any pics. Laterz people.

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
Well, Kotu100 is right i have been slacking...slacking hard. But at the cost of 100 bucks and a few hundred more to purchase some more parts and tools which seem to keep going missing (dont think anyone is stealing them, just think i need to clean my garage out really hard). After a starter issue and 3 starters later me and Kotu got the motor running again, It is now equipt with a push button start lol. But as we all know with project cars when u start making headway another problem pokes its ugly little F*&&%ng head. Oil Oil everywhere, i popped an oil fitting that attached to my base for my oil filter relocation kit, and cant seem to find it at any performance store around this area. So once i find that A-N fitting i will be able to get my car back on the road im hopeing for the beginning of october. Cross your fingers and im going to be updating again because now i have the time since i have a forced 6 week vacation from school. Any advice comments or general questions are greatly appreciated and i will answer back as soon as i get on and trust i will be aviding the site again. Thanks for reading and check back for more updates to come.

Laterz

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
Thanks, but me and the misses worked everything out and everything is back to normal...probly explains my slackerness haha. Stay tuned for updates there will be a few more to come then the car should be done done.
Laterz