88 Supra Build JDM SON

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Good choice. I love(d) driving my car with the eibach springs and the KYB gr2 struts. Was comfortable, didnt move around much and they hooked quite well. I managed to do a launch from ~4500 on the street with 245 street tires on my BPU 1jz with no tire spin.

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
Yea i definetly like the ride i cant wait to get the sway bar on there and see how much different it feels. Its def coming along tho im really happy with my results, Now on the laundry list is taking care of the air fuel problem. also i have to find and oil leak and a PS pump leak and eliminate them working slowly but surley on them but its takeing a little be as i havent had the time with school and such to get under there i should have more progress by next weekend. Thanks for coming by and checking out the build thread.

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
Update: Earlier this week i put the swat bar in the car and it is beautiful corners much better now that i made the upgrade. No more oil leak, And the power steering fluid seems to be leaking from the steering knuckle so i'm going to replace that as soon as i get a chance to pull one off of a parts car or buy one depending on how much they go for. All and all the car is still coming along quite nicely, and again i'm really happy with my results next im going to be getting the lex AFM, and an SAFC, then im going to be ordering the upgraded ct26 from driftmotion good thing winter is here i can start stockpileing parts and such. Until next time Later everyone

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
Hi everyone, got a new steering wheel. An NRG suede steering wheel with a toyota horn button pics of it on the car will be up next this weekend. So there are a couple pics to follow of that. Also for your viewing pleasure are my Fall 2009 pics my girlfriend did.
Thanks for looking and stay tuned for some more updates

4049822245_37eb1ce353_b.jpg

4050566532_e939601251_b.jpg

4049343200_77afacc31d_b.jpg

4049343108_4f83347d5a_b.jpg

4048595339_b3884fc3b4_b.jpg

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
and lewis of course i wouldent go offroading thats actually at easton pool, And ames pond The came out great.

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
Yes i am but money right now is tight maby we can go onm a payment plan of some sort i just started working again. But i really really do want it call me tonight at like 9 when im out of school and we can talk further about it.

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
Man it seems like years since I have added to this thread at all. Hi, Everyone hope all is well. Update on the supra is i got rod knock. >_< after some searching around I found a worked crank off here, ordered my main and rod bearings, A mess of oil gear lube and engine assembly lube and also some new vacuume lines figured its gunna be up and out again might as well make the engine bay a bit more presentable. Should be getting the motor out of the car this weekend if the weather permits and then over to my uncle's barn for the over haul wish me luck and send any advice my way as i may need some along the way. Also i found a set of fog's should be getting them soon and then the bumper will finally be complete with those JDM yellow fogs ^_^ i cant wait. Until next time.
Later

jdm_emperor

Apr 3, 2006
MA
hello fellow MA supra owner,
nice build, makes me wanna drive my supra, (currently sitting in the garage)

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
sucks to hear about the knock, it's almost as bad as the clap..!!

my 86.5 is knocking like a Jehova's witness at 7am, I'm thinking of swapping in a 7MGTE also (swapped one into my 89)...

supisarethebest

bhg all day!!!!
Feb 19, 2009
rhode island
RazoE;1485389 said:
sucks to hear about the knock, it's almost as bad as the clap..!!

my 86.5 is knocking like a Jehova's witness at 7am, I'm thinking of swapping in a 7MGTE also (swapped one into my 89)...

thats pretty funny,but its also offensive dude