86.9 KB · Views: 66
  • sidefrontal..jpg
    sidefrontal..jpg
    181 KB · Views: 103

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
this is how mine was before i painted it withe. kind how yours is going to look. i think blue was better. XD
p1593863_1.jpg

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I'm trying to stay out of this because the last time I commented on somebody's paint they got a little butthurt about it. Then half of his groupies ganged up on me, so leave me out. Is this your first time painting? You need to read the MSDS on that basecoat to see how long you can leave it like that before you clear it. What kind of basecoat is that? What kind of clear are you going to use?

I guess I couldn't stay out of this one.

ToyotaSupra

Shawn
Dec 12, 2009
Fond du Lac
IJ.;1593854 said:
You're painting it half at a time?

Be surprised if the 2 halves match being painted on different days.

the front was the first coat, i did 3 more coats...

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Suprapowaz!(2);1593920 said:
Is why I'm asking what kind of basecoat and clear it is.

And what's with that red car back there. Who did that body molding and paint work on it?

the red car is my 89 supra 7m-ge w/ nitrous, its starting to have a valve tick so i bought the black one,,, which is now blue

ToyotaSupra

Shawn
Dec 12, 2009
Fond du Lac
ToyotaSupra;1595328 said:
the front was the first coat, i did 3 more coats...

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

the red car is my 89 supra 7m-ge w/ nitrous, its starting to have a valve tick so i bought the black one,,, which is now blue

heres more progress, i did Not clear coat it yet, i have a air spray can and im just buying the quarts

those rims will be coming off the 89 and going onto the 88, still debating whether or not to sell the Nos setup or put it on this 1 ,,,,,, decisions decisions!

TOMORROW I WILL BE FINISHED! ill have interior/exterior pics getting it detailed from 1 of my buds:icon_surp:icon_surp:icon_surp:icon_surp

ToyotaSupra

Shawn
Dec 12, 2009
Fond du Lac
Suprapowaz!(2);1593920 said:
Is why I'm asking what kind of basecoat and clear it is.

And what's with that red car back there. Who did that body molding and paint work on it?

this is the other 7m-ge 89 i did most of it, didnt try to do it well, work too much @_@, but im taking my time on the blue 1, cuz i like it and it only has 75k milesView attachment 44584

ToyotaSupra

Shawn
Dec 12, 2009
Fond du Lac
Ok! kinda finished but not completely, still gotta clearcoat it a few more times, and didnt wet-sand it yet..

having oil leaking problems ::: {transmission noises(since i took the engine and tranny out ~_~)}... 2x

and yes,,,, went to the junk yard and ganked a emblem , just sittin on there with a spot of super glue

Oh yea, anyone got door trim in decent condition for somewhat cheap? pm me

ToyotaSupra

Shawn
Dec 12, 2009
Fond du Lac
still didnt finish it yet,,, ,gimme a couple weeks and ill get it done, hours got cut for a few so now they goin back up woot..... the conclusion soon...