87 turbo automatic cant burn out help!! Upgrades?

Mk34ullboost

Boost addict
Jul 22, 2012
Pinole
Ok I have a 87 supra turbo runs great jUst wondering if there's something in the transmission I could upgrade to get more of my torque to come in earlier any help would be great!!

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
Yes...there is lots you can do....

RESEARCH!

Please...before we get another rebuild thread....

The auto tranny in the mk3 is not very stout...so if you are planning on getting more torque in any way...please:

1) make sure car is absolutely mechanically sound (cost: priceless)
2) external tranny cooler (cost $80)
3) shim tranny accumulators 3/4 inch (cost 10 bucks)
4) Get an intake & 3" exhaust (cost: probably 6-800 bux)

--> stop and try it here...
If you still don't like it...

Option A:
Swap R154 5 speed (Cost: 200-500 bux)

Option B:
Beef up the a340e tranny (cost: 2000):
1) rebuild with performance clutches
2) Valve body refresh/rebuild
3) Increase torque converter to 2800 stall

Option C:
Swap in a TH350/400 chevy tranny with a tranny lock and have fun launching all the torque you want (cost 2000?)

Option D:
I don't know...if you do some research you might find better options...

--> stop and try it here...
If you still don't like it...

Follow the rest of my build thread (see link below)...or do more research...

Last edited:

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
Burn out:

Push brake in with left foot
Hold brake in 1/2 to 3/4 way
With right foot slowly push down the accelerator
Once tires start to spin/TC locks, push accelerator to the floor and let off the brake at the same time.
Hold down accelerator and burn out...

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
supra0089;1860222 said:
automatic supra burn out:

Push brake in with left foot
hold brake in 1/2 to 3/4 way
with right foot slowly push down the accelerator
once tires start to spin/tc locks, push accelerator to the floor and let off the brake at the same time.
Hold down accelerator and burn out...

fixed :)

Mk34ullboost

Boost addict
Jul 22, 2012
Pinole
Thanks for all who responded with actual info not saying iwas gonna fuck sum thin up. I a mechanic and understand auto trannys pretty well just was wondering if this was normal. The car will burn rubber all day if I hold the brake. Only an idiot wouldn't know how to do a brake stand. I mean if I slam it to the floor from a stop just halls ass no rubber, which is good but sometimes I'd like to burnout without cooking my transmission(heat being the main reason the a340 s fail. And kiss my balls to the guy who gave the 'how to burn out for dummies' bullshit.

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
Mk34ullboost;1860587 said:
Thanks for all who responded with actual info not saying iwas gonna fuck sum thin up. I a mechanic and understand auto trannys pretty well just was wondering if this was normal. The car will burn rubber all day if I hold the brake. Only an idiot wouldn't know how to do a brake stand. I mean if I slam it to the floor from a stop just halls ass no rubber, which is good but sometimes I'd like to burnout without cooking my transmission(heat being the main reason the a340 s fail. And kiss my balls to the guy who gave the 'how to burn out for dummies' bullshit.

Wow man...I'm one of the guys who actually took the time to write you various suggestions, and with a lack of information from your part, also tried to give you practical knowledge on how to "burn out." In fact, I returned to this thread in hopes you've replied with some more information so that I can further help you out. But, now you're telling me to lick your balls?! That's not a good way to get help.

I hope you figure out what you're looking for as far as the supra goes. As far as your web etiquette, I think you have a long way to go if you're looking for help from people on a forum. /Unsubscribed.

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
Ok back on track
No my supra will break the tires loose when stomping on the gas from a dead stop
But this only happens once boost hits
As long as your car is in good MECHANICAL shape and maintenance is up to date then do the following
Install bigger downpipe
Free flowing exhaust
Upgrade air filter if u want but my stocker was fine at 12 psi
Crank the boost up....3 different ways to do this
1. Install mbc
2. Install electronic boost controlling
3. Shin wastegate
Whatever way you want to go the factory ecu song key you boost past 14psi

Depending on tire size, condition and trans condition you should he able to rip the tires loose in 1st gear

Also be a little more clear in your post on a subject
Don't get pissy when people direct you in correct direction

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Mk34ullboost;1859969 said:
Ok I have a 87 supra turbo runs great jUst wondering if there's something in the transmission I could upgrade to get more of my torque to come in earlier any help would be great!!

Mk34ullboost;1860587 said:

Do you see the lack of information you decided to give us on your "can't burnout" post? Next time you post, put down a little more information.. What you're requesting isn't a burnout, you're asking for a dead stop punch with tires squealing.

If you're asking for a little more torque or a little more peppy transmission you've got a couple of options.

You can contact Devin on here for his valve body jobs along with putting in a higher stall.
You can also decide to put some money into parts for the engine.

Mk34ullboost

Boost addict
Jul 22, 2012
Pinole
My bad for being ass I've seen noobs trash talked on forums so i thought that was what was going on. Ok so I have stock wheels (saw blades) cat back cold air boost just below fuel cut and kick down cable locked fully open. The other day I raced a 2010 v6 Camaro and won but Just wondering if if was normal for our cars auto trams by the way