86.5 Oil pressure gauge

90turbo

Mar 9, 2009
Springfield, Missouri
Does anyone else's oil pressure gauge look like this one? It is in kg/cm2. I haven't seen any others like this. It is the stock one on my 86.5. A buddy of mine used to have an 86.5 and his had the gauge like most Supras do that shows PSI. I hope my pictures show up.

Attachments

• Oil Gauge.jpg
    Oil Gauge.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Oil Gauge 2.jpg
    Oil Gauge 2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 23

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Canadian Eh! Would be my guess.

My 86.5 from Canada read in kg/cm2. But I switch it to PSI(You yanks got the imperial system right;) when I swapped my tach:icon_bigg

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Is your climate control in F or C?

Does your fuel gauge say "Unleaded Fuel Only" on it?

Is your speedometer in km/h or MPH?

If it's just your oil pressure gauge, I'd say someone swapped it, if it's everything, I'd say you probably have a Canadian car.

Post a picture further away and less blurry. I'll tell you what you have ;).

(Or, alternatively, post the model code. (MA70L-XXXXX)).

Jeff

90turbo

Mar 9, 2009
Springfield, Missouri
Jeff Lange;1373651 said:
Is your climate control in F or C?

Does your fuel gauge say "Unleaded Fuel Only" on it?

Is your speedometer in km/h or MPH?

If it's just your oil pressure gauge, I'd say someone swapped it, if it's everything, I'd say you probably have a Canadian car.

Post a picture further away and less blurry. I'll tell you what you have ;).

(Or, alternatively, post the model code. (MA70L-XXXXX)).

Jeff

Yeah, everything else is US, the model code is MA70L. I figured it may be that the early cars had the different gauge for whatever reason. Does anyone else have one that was built that early in the production run? Mine was built in January of 86 and is number 1544.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
90turbo;1373758 said:
Yeah, everything else is US, the model code is MA70L. I figured it may be that the early cars had the different gauge for whatever reason. Does anyone else have one that was built that early in the production run? Mine was built in January of 86 and is number 1544.

I was actually looking for what was after the MA70L, I knew it was MA70L, lol.

They don't list any USA models as having the kg/mm^2 gauge, but the EPC could be wrong for very early models I guess.

Jeff

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
90turbo;1373758 said:

My 86 was built in Feburary with a number very close to yours, so it may just be a early production thing.

90turbo

Mar 9, 2009
Springfield, Missouri
Jeff Lange;1373827 said:
I was actually looking for what was after the MA70L, I knew it was MA70L, lol.

They don't list any USA models as having the kg/mm^2 gauge, but the EPC could be wrong for very early models I guess.

Jeff

I didn't know if the Canadian models had a different code. I don't remember what is after that, I will look when I get home.