7mGTE Power Steering Reservoir Hose to Pump Replacement Part Found #PSH0409

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Just wanted to share my find for a power steering 7mGTE reservoir to pump hose replacement. It is made by Rein Automotive and the part number is PSH0409 (power steering retrun hose - pump to reservoir). It's a 5/8" size, rated for oil, has the right bend like the factory hose and you just have to cut 1" from one end to fit. It is found on the 2005-2010 3.5L Honda Odyssey listed as the reservoir line hose.

Here is the Amazon Link:

Rockauto link:

Attachments

• 20230324_191924.jpg
    20230324_191924.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Bru

Feb 28, 2013
Tampa Bay Area
Just wanted to share my find for a power steering 7mGTE reservoir to pump hose replacement. It is made by Rein Automotive and the part number is PSH0409 (power steering retrun hose - pump to reservoir). It's a 5/8" size, rated for oil, has the right bend like the factory hose and you just have to cut 1" from one end to fit. It is found on the 2005-2010 3.5L Honda Odyssey listed as the reservoir line hose.

Here is the Amazon Link:

Rockauto link:
Have you installed this on the vehicle and what was your results? I've been toying with this idea too of finding a donor oil resistant hose to cut out a replacement for the 7M-GTE power steering reservoir to pump hose. The angle of the original hose is 65°. The worry I have about an adapted hose is that it might kink in the middle restricting flow. The best I could come up with is a 45° copper elbow with soldered ends that came from the smallest diameter air pipe on the intake elbow cut in half. I had to solder several times to make sure it didn't leak. The straight piece of rubber hose came from Napa. I haven't done the installation and it would also require some flexing on the rubber ends to achieve the bend. See the photo of the pieces I have accumulated.

PS Res Hose 2.JPG

Reactions: plaaya69

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Have you installed this on the vehicle and what was your results? I've been toying with this idea too of finding a donor oil resistant hose to cut out a replacement for the 7M-GTE power steering reservoir to pump hose. The angle of the original hose is 65°. The worry I have about an adapted hose is that it might kink in the middle restricting flow. The best I could come up with is a 45° copper elbow with soldered ends that came from the smallest diameter air pipe on the intake elbow cut in half. I had to solder several times to make sure it didn't leak. The straight piece of rubber hose came from Napa. I haven't done the installation and it would also require some flexing on the rubber ends to achieve the bend. See the photo of the pieces I have accumulated.

View attachment 81339

Yes it is installed and does not leak or kink or cause any other problems. I only been driving it for about a week since winter storage but it seems fine. I like the work you are doing for a alternative replacement also.

Bru

Feb 28, 2013
Tampa Bay Area
Which end did you end up cutting? I see there is a 30° and a 90° bend. I'm going to stop by O'Reillys to see how it compares to the original hose.

Bru

Feb 28, 2013
Tampa Bay Area
I went to O'Reillys and looked at the hose. Turns out it's flexible enough to work. About 1 3/4" needs to be cut off of the end that has the small bend in it.
It's made in China, so time will tell how long it lasts. It appears there is an inner and outer rubber tube of different type of rubber. Hopefully transmission fluid is compatible with the rubber that was designed for Honda's power steering fluid. Again, time will tell and I will keep my alternative hose design parts in case they are needed in the future. Here are some photos comparing the unstretched and stretched hose against the original Toyota hose.

PS Res Hose 3.JPG

PS Res Hose 4.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: plaaya69