7mgte instal difficulties

mnracer550

Sep 15, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
it might just be me but im having a hell of a time getting my 7m back into position. its close but my oil pan keeps hitting the crossmember. any tips or tricks would be awesome

Ozz89supra

Ozzy
Feb 22, 2009
Phoenix
I used a load leveler after the first time and it made everything much easier to align. Plus they not too expensive, and if you own a supra it will come in handy :biglaugh:

mnracer550

Sep 15, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
Yea i finally got smart 15 min after the post and used my leveler and got it to go. Kinda hard with only one person getting it lined up but i eventually got it. Been at it all night and have few new wiring issues if anyone cars to help. it pretty much ready to fire except for a few loose ends i need to tie up. Im running a 87 turbo 5 speed chassis. The engine, harness, and ecu from a 89 turbo car (Produced 11/88 so i was told they were compatible) so far there are 3 connectors by huge group of connectors by the fuse box that i cant figure out. one of them coming out of the harness in a 2 pronged female connector that is W-R and W-G. i found W-R on the TSRM and i believe its an injector wire? but i could be wrong. i couldn't find the W-G wire at all though on the diagrams. Then i also have a 2 pronged black female connector that is L-B and W-B in the same region coming out of the chassis wiring where is splits off into the fuse box. Also right in between the fuse box and battery there is a single female connector with 2 wires going into it. Both are blue but one has red rings on it. I can post pictures tomorrow if need. i know its alot to chew on but im hoping someone knows this wiring better then i do. Again, thanks for all the help from all of you.

Last edited:

mnracer550

Sep 15, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
i can in a little bit. i found out the W-R and W-G wires go to a little motor looking thing on the rack and pinion from my early 89 auto car. but the 87 manual dosnet have the same motor or whatever it is so im gonna call it good. still not sure about the other 2 connectors though

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
mnracer550;1622684 said:
Yea i finally got smart 15 min after the post and used my leveler and got it to go. Kinda hard with only one person getting it lined up but i eventually got it. Been at it all night and have few new wiring issues if anyone cars to help. it pretty much ready to fire except for a few loose ends i need to tie up. Im running a 87 turbo 5 speed chassis. The engine, harness, and ecu from a 89 turbo car (Produced 11/88 so i was told they were compatible) so far there are 3 connectors by huge group of connectors by the fuse box that i cant figure out. one of them coming out of the harness in a 2 pronged female connector that is W-R and W-G. i found W-R on the TSRM and i believe its an injector wire? but i could be wrong. i couldn't find the W-G wire at all though on the diagrams. Then i also have a 2 pronged black female connector that is L-B and W-B in the same region coming out of the chassis wiring where is splits off into the fuse box. Also right in between the fuse box and battery there is a single female connector with 2 wires going into it. Both are blue but one has red rings on it. I can post pictures tomorrow if need. i know its alot to chew on but im hoping someone knows this wiring better then i do. Again, thanks for all the help from all of you.

You should try putting it in with a TH350 bolted to it and solid motor mounts. Talk about tight. Now thats a job to put in. ESP by yourself. Congrats on your install and good luck.