7MGTE DEAD! got me beat!

MINA

Jan 19, 2010
sacramento
so here is the story:

driving home in one of my supra's when all of a sudden it just dies. so i had it towed to my shop and away we go into trying to figure out what the hell went wrong. (no spark) Did it all i tell you from checking wiring to reseting timing went through everything everything falls with in spec:
cps
cps wiring
igniter
igniter wiring
coil packs
coil pack wiring
wiring in the car
afm
am wiring
timing set to 0 as well no teeth skipped on cps

all ohms reading with in spec the issue is am not getting spark. i am throwing codes 41 and 51 and i know for damn sure that wont take away spark.

i even did this thanks isnms:icon_bigg
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?47334-Igniter-test

sorry for the post but i been at this thing for the past week.need to vent:: angry ::

so my last guess is the ECU. i have searched and searched alot of tips from giving cps wires a shake to ohm's testing:1zhelp:

also this all happened 3days after i installed a HKS SAFR i checked wiring disconnected still nothing.:3d_frown:

can any one please shed some light i remember when i searched i found that it is rare for the ecu to go out but dose happen.

thanks for reading,your time and in put.:icon_razz

-mina

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
3p141592654;1627410 said:
Do you see 12V on the black-orange wire at the igniter and coil pack?

Try this above. Check the 30amp fuse under the hood. It feeds the black-orange wire. Also you are having problems with your tps. Code 41 throttle position signal and 51 is throttle idle switch contacts inside of the sensor. I would unplug it and make sure it don't have something shorted. It will start with it unplugged. It will Idle about 1500 rpms. It is probably out of adjustment or froze up.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
The ECU will not be giving codes if the EFI fuse is blown, so we know that fuse is okay.

The ignitor/coil pack is driven off a 30A fusible link.

The key points here are that no power to the ignition is possible without setting a code and a TPS failure cannot result in a no-start.

MINA

Jan 19, 2010
sacramento
thanks for the input guys i got it fired up today bypassed the cps plug an soldered it all good thanks guys