7M with the Borg Warner 91mm Turbo

mibrum

Mibrum Racing Team
Finally my project is nearly ready as I have made some changes do to my Y2K88mm failed in the last event.
I had to go to a bigger turbo were I have installed a Borg Warner FI91X from Forced Induction.
This weekend we have tried some launch control and seems that everthing is working fine.
We are thinking of spraying some NOS to spool this monster turbo faster.
Below is the link to the you tube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwbL2nEnezM

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I was waiting for the baseball cap to get sucked in ;)

Sounds evil Gary glad it's you driving it and not me.

Is it still a Wet motor?
(as in got a cooling system at all or dry blocked?)

mibrum

Mibrum Racing Team
IJ I am running a dry block only 19mm from deack runs water tru the block.

Hommer Simposon this is the first time with this turbo I use to run with a Y2K88 but it was overspun that is why I have changed to a bigger one.My time with Y2K88 is 7.3sec@186mph at 30psi of boost no NOS. We never dynoed the engine but we are around 1340HP

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
mibrum;1254947 said:
I use to run with a Y2K88 but it was overspun that is why I have changed to a bigger one.My time with Y2K88 is 7.3sec@186mph at 30psi of boost no NOS. We never dynoed the engine but we are around 1340HP

That sounds about right. We ran the 80mm version of that Borg Warner turbo in my drag car @ 1,339 RWHP and 959 RWTQ. We were at 40 psi with n02 helping the spool, but no spray past the 60' mark.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0508_sccp_aap_motorsports_toyota_supra_turbo/index.html

bling2.jpg

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
IJ.;1254836 said:
I was waiting for the baseball cap to get sucked in ;)

Sounds evil Gary glad it's you driving it and not me.

Is it still a Wet motor?
(as in got a cooling system at all or dry blocked?)

If I remember right IJ, it was "Hard Block" Brand block filler I sent Gary to use.