7m pouring out oil 12qts in 1hr!!! NEED HELP

7m_no_sht

7m-no-more 1uzTT baby
Dec 6, 2011
Virginia Beach, VA
hey guys, on my way up to harrisonburg VA my freshly built 7m decided to start pouring out oil from the front and the exhaust side of the engine and my spark plug valley fills up with oil, i checked all the plugs in the block and all were in and tight, oil filter is tight, I'm stuck 230mi from home with a car that went through 12qts of oil in an hour and a hlf, if anybody is near me pm me i need help, i have all tools necessary to fix it, i just can't find out what it is.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
All the red circles are pressure ports. Make sure all of them have a plug or sensor in them. There is also a round allen plug at the very front of the block and the very back of the block on the exhaust side.
Pic thanks to IJ

Attachments

• ports2.jpg
    ports2.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 72

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
^+1 and make sure you're valve cover screws are still tight. I've noticed mine have backed off some since I re-assembled it maybe 5000k ago.

MK3SUPRAS13

Mar 12, 2012
LOS ANGELES
Did you change your valve cover gasket? Make sure your cover bolts are tight i had same problem also make sure your not leaking oil from your cps/distributor the o-ring wears out and oil will start falling onto your exhaust manifold making a mess on your exhaust side.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Valve cover gaskets WONT make the car loose that much oil. Have you checked all the lines for cracks or slices? Made sure that were tight? Which side of the car does it seem to come from the most?

Look at the side of the engine, shine a light on it, and see where the highest point of oil is coming from. And slowly work your way down from there. And STOP DRIVING THE CAR.

7m_no_sht

7m-no-more 1uzTT baby
Dec 6, 2011
Virginia Beach, VA
well the car is parked now, there was no way i was going to leave my car 250mi away, towing would be $$$$ this engine only has about 600mi on it now, all gaskets, bearings, and seals are brand new. i took my timing cover off for the drive home and when i popped the hood the first time to put oil in it, the engine was coated, this makes me think the front crank seal is blown....

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Seems to me ...if you had it rebuilt with only 600 miles or so..why not keep the motor ....should be easy to find a leak that bad....i'd lean towards the cam seals leaking...

7m_no_sht

7m-no-more 1uzTT baby
Dec 6, 2011
Virginia Beach, VA
well the thing is it also has a rod knock because the machine shop that did my crank, when they fluxed metal back to the bearing journal, didnt grind enough down on the sides of the journal, causing it to knock from the initial start up, thats why im looking for a new engine anyways because this one is a never ending pit of money lol.