7M hit 18psi with stock AFM and still very rich...

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
no no.. i have it tuned with the SAFC II i can make it leaner. im just saying i tuned it alittle bit leaner from how it was before the safc and it boosted up to 18psi but was still slightly rich. i can tune it even leaner so its around a 12, but im pretty sure it will just boost higher...lol

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
He is in fact not reading his WB backwards. His car also doesn't hold boost, on the dyno he hit 15PSI but it dropped off to 7 pretty fast.

Last edited:

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
It doesn't. He just tested it, hit 17PSI, dropped to 10.

EDIT: He said his AFRs hit 12 this time, which is still richer than my 440s with increased fuel via AFC and AFPR were at 17 PSI

Last edited:

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
just would like to say that after safely leaning out my afr's w/ an afc I can still only run 12 psi w/ out gettin into fuel cut.

also would like to add that you would not see 12 psi (without hitting fuel cut) if you did have a boost leak and were using the stock fuel system. I've got a boost leak now and I'm hitting cut at say 4-6 psi.

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
starscream5000;1019286 said:
BBQ festival in Owensboro.
Brother's b-day party/relay for life fundraiser.
Pregnant fiance doesn't like supras. ;)

damn is there anything else in your life that happened that timeframe? :biglaugh:

That must have been an insane time for you:biglaugh:

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
89jdm7m;1019294 said:
just would like to say that after safely leaning out my afr's w/ an afc I can still only run 12 psi w/ out gettin into fuel cut.

also would like to add that you would not see 12 psi (without hitting fuel cut) if you did have a boost leak and were using the stock fuel system. I've got a boost leak now and I'm hitting cut at say 4-6 psi.

Yeah this seems to be the norm from what I have seen and heard. However, thats why there must be something that we are missing. I would like to see a flow chart of the injectors as well. But to me it just seems unlikely that it would be them unless the previous owners ran crappy gas. Cause I sent my mk2 injectors out about 2 yrs ago and they have never been cleaned before and after they were done the shop said there wasnt anything wrong with them. So I dont think it could be the injectors. But anythign could happen so I guess go and get the check done you never know soemtimes.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Valid reasons for not attending lol

I'm still super confused about this car, he shouldn't be able to hit 18PSI, he shouldn't be that rich, blah blah blah

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
OOOH, FCD...
But he would've seen that when wiring the S-AFC...
I'd swap out your AFM electrics and see what happens. Also, the stock fpr with a walbro could hike the fuel pressure way up which would account for the rich condition, and the missing screw would account for the hitting 18 psi w/ no fuel cut.
-Jake

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
HE might, I'm not walking all the way to Illinois! :biglaugh:

I don't think you can hit 18PSI even if you bored a hole right through the middle of it. I bought my car with a Lex already on it, so I can't say for sure, but his AFM looked puny compared to mine. Dunno about the Walbro + stock FPR, but I do know on my car running 7 PSI over stock FP and dumping fuel in with the AFC I was still leaner than he is now.

drbowser3

The Doc is in...
Jan 17, 2006
Tampa,FL
Haven't messed with a stock AFM in a few years, but you claim to have the screw out all the way. I thought the Lex AFM had the screw, not the stock one.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
His has a screw, don't ask me why lol

I can verify that it has a screw, and that it is NOT a Lexus AFM. I held my Lexus right next to his.

Actually, this might be pertinent. We put my Lex on his car for a minute or two and it ran lean as balls. I figured it was just because the ECU was just starting to learn how to use it. This was at least 500 miles ago, though.