7M-GTE engine harness

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I'm just tired of electrical issues. So I've decided to buy a good condition harness, and just wanted to do some simple tests to make sure that its as good as it looks on the outside. I've already checked nearly every wire on the harness for continuity and they all check out.. I was wondering if there was anything else I should do before putting new loom on putting it on my car. I already have new knock sensor connectors and some RG-58 that I'm planning on using to do a proper rewire.

Should I do drop testing on important sensor wiring? Such as the CPS, AFM, water temp, etc.

Any tips would be very appreciated. I want my car to run right so I'm going to do whatever it takes.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Make sure none of the wire pins are loose in the plugs themselves.
Also i recommend finding some stranded rg-58 not solid core. The solid core tends to break easily.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Damn, thanks for the advice. I bought 12 feet of solid core. I guess ill have to run to radio shack again haha. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
The more I think about it the more I think I should just leave the knock sensor wiring alone. The way I see it is chances are the main chunk of the wiring is good, and when people get a code 52 it's probably the KS side of the wiring. As I have solid core RG-58, and everywhere I call only has solid core RG-58.. Should I just solder on new KS connectors, or keep trying to find stranded core RG-58 and do a full rewire? Is there any way to check if the wiring is good? drop testing?