7m electric water pump.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I'm pretty sure IJ had one just hooked up to the bottom rad hose but I think it was just to help out the system, not replace the existing mechanical pump.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
domestic v8 cars run them, but there would be no bolt on solution for the MKIII. You would likely have to machine/weld the back timing cover to adapt one, or figure out some sort of blocking plate for the stock water pump.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Ran mine as a booster but they can run as a standalone pump.

assembly60.jpg

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
I am also interested in this. Would it be worth it? Like is there that much of a power loss from the belt drive? What are the benefits of eliminating the belt drivin pump?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Doesnt take much to spin a water pump. maybe .1 hp loss.

But if this is for a street car it should not even be considered as there for race cars only and there not a reliable option for a street car. If it fails and your stuck in traffic your going to over heat super quick.

You could prolly machine a adapter plate and just use some other electric water pump. Or use a external one liek what ij posted.

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
Its for my drag car, only time it would see the streets is on weekend drives/or meets. its not for performance but to be able to circulate coolant on cool downs and then ill only have to run an alternator belt.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
1-2clutch-u;1739022 said:
Meziere made one back in the day, summit racing sold em. This was like 2003 tho.

That I believe was for the 2jz.

Steve, as I told you on the phone. There are a few in line water pumps, but you can also use a small 12v electric motor to turn your oem pump with a small belt.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
mk3-4-me;1738584 said:
I am also interested in this. Would it be worth it? Like is there that much of a power loss from the belt drive? What are the benefits of eliminating the belt drivin pump?

In this thread, someone asked about power-gains from switching from a belt-driven to an electric fan:
IJ said:
A. Jay said:
Like stated, the power from the fans comes from the alternator, which gets it's power from...?
Moon beams and Pixie dust of course ;)

Remember? 'Cause you posted in that thread.