533rwhp/497ft-lbs, Dok's 2jz NA-T on 7M Electronics numbers are in!!

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Not really the time of year to dyno (90 degree temps at 8AM with 80% humidity), but I wanted to get some closure on one project before my buddies talk me into putting an LS1 in the 1970 Valiant I bought a few weeks ago...

By doksurf33

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSMFGmMleyw

All in all I'm very stoked considering the relatively small amount of money I have into the car and how reliable it's been!!

Here are the specs for anyone interested:
-93 2jzge w/130k, TT headgasket
-Stock 7M ECU/Harness, Lex AFM
-SSAC T4 Manifold
-Masterpower T70
-HKS knockoff 50mm wastegate with 15psi spring
-Aeromotive FPR Kit, 2L surge tank, Bosch 044 external pump
-880cc injectors, E85 as fuel
-Chinese 2j downpipe to 935 3" DIY exhaust with cat and Megan GT muffler
-CX Racing 7M intercooler/fitted hardpipes
-Greddy Type S knockoff BOV
-Chinese special 4" intake pipe
-Apexi SAFC
-TurboXS dual stage boost controller

Once again, big thanks to those that helped with the build (Jon (mobes), Scott (hottscennessey), yankiwi, and everyone else), this has been 4 years in the making!!!

Last edited:

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Thanks Jay! Boost was at ~22-23psi. I blew my lower IC pipe off on the 2nd run so I'm thinking the drop at the end of the run may have been a boost leak, not 100% though...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Boosted516;1350377 said:
this makes me wanna go na-t.....how much harder is the swap than a gte

The wiring is much easier vs the 2jzgte if you use the 7m electronics, take a look at the link in my signature...

XofXtimeX;1350380 said:
Great job man!

Now get those boost leaks traced down and hop back on the rollers!

-Nick-

I actually ordered a hump hose for the pipe that popped off but it was backordered (still waiting). My lower hose on the IC has ~30 degree angle on it and the straight coupler don't likie that :)

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
dok33;1350310 said:
Thanks! You figure out what you're gonna do with your car yet?

Yeah, I bit the bullet and went 2jzgtte. I'm piecing together a small single, with probably a Holset HX40 or some other small 61mm. How's the car feel? And how well did the 880's held with the e85? I'm still trying to determine what size injectors for my swap, since I'm not doing a lot of boost I was thinking somewhere around the 720cc range.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
ihiryu;1350500 said:
Yeah, I bit the bullet and went 2jzgtte. I'm piecing together a small single, with probably a Holset HX40 or some other small 61mm. How's the car feel? And how well did the 880's held with the e85? I'm still trying to determine what size injectors for my swap, since I'm not doing a lot of boost I was thinking somewhere around the 720cc range.
Nice! Car pulls great, not much traction tho :)

Go big if you're planning on running E85, I'm on the ragged edge of safety with 880s at my power level. Probably drop some 1000s in at some point to get some overhead...

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Damn, impressive! Those GE cams are restricting you in the top end, but the jagged lines do look like retard due to knock, or possible ignition problems? It'd be interesting to retard base ignition timing and see if you can get the numbers to climb.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Love it, I do have one question.

With all the work that you put into it why didnt you source a used gte intake mani?
Would it work? Is it because you didn't want to extend the AFM wires?
Just curious because that is the only thing I really don't like about the 7m and the NA 2j
Shit even the same with the Rb20 and Rb25.

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
unfortunately the plenum doesn't bolt up, the only front facing intake manifold (FFIM) that is available is the FSMoto intake manifold, but that in itself is like a thousand.

Dok, I'm probably going to have to pass on e85 for now then, I figured there's no point to waste the money on big injectors if I plan to run stock ecu for awhile (need to save some pennies for now). 720's will still run on a stock 2jtt ecu with a SAFC, and that should get me into the 500 range.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Thanks guys! The car is a blasty blast as Dane Cook would say, the only downside is that it costs me $5 in fuel r/t to work (10mi each way), but I get there much quicker than in my 116hp 4-Runner :D

I've got some more tweaking to do but it's pretty much done as far as I'm concerned! Planning on some 1000cc injectors and some fine tuning, but my clutch is only rated to 520ft-lbs so I'm not gonna push it :)

My LC-1 is dead once again so I've gotta pull it out and RMA it and I'm going to send my turbo to Mike Turbo to have it rebuilt due to some shaft play. Unfortunately I think that's due to my BOV/placement causing compressor surge so I'll be getting an HKS style BOV and having the flange welded on the charge pipe near the TB. Probably go ahead and have an elbow welded to the comp housing while I have the turbo out as well...