533rwhp/497ft-lbs, Dok's 2jz NA-T on 7M Electronics numbers are in!!

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
hottscennessey;1350651 said:
Damn, impressive! Those GE cams are restricting you in the top end, but the jagged lines do look like retard due to knock, or possible ignition problems? It'd be interesting to retard base ignition timing and see if you can get the numbers to climb.

It's no 680whp or whatever ridiculous number you put down but it'll do :) Probably be a good idea to retard base timing at least for now while it's 100+ degrees every day down here in hades, I mean TX...

ihiryu;1350679 said:
unfortunately the plenum doesn't bolt up, the only front facing intake manifold (FFIM) that is available is the FSMoto intake manifold, but that in itself is like a thousand.

Dok, I'm probably going to have to pass on e85 for now then, I figured there's no point to waste the money on big injectors if I plan to run stock ecu for awhile (need to save some pennies for now). 720's will still run on a stock 2jtt ecu with a SAFC, and that should get me into the 500 range.

DIY Autotune has 1000cc Delphi injectors for $59ea, if 720s will run on the stock ECU with regular gas it should run well with those on E85 :) I think you may need an aftermarket fuel rail to run those on a TT though.

frontierguy25;1350694 said:
Wow!! Great numbers Josh!! Congrats!!

Now take that beast back to the track and post up a good number!

I will as soon as I save some money for a replacement diff and trans :) Your Supra back together?

supra87t/t4;1350803 said:
Congrats! :thumbup:

Maybe I should get off my butt and finish mine...
:boink:

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Couldn't remember what I had set the timing at so I checked, at 5deg btdc right now. Guess I could put it straight up for safety? Also saw that I had a code 24 (intake air temp) so it looks like my afm electronics may be jacked. Time to hit the for sale forums lol...

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
true 30% more fuel. I'll have to look into that, man everything for a TT is so much more expensive, I'm going to see if I can somehow fab up an NA rail to my TT engine. Next time we meet up for a hill county run, I'm not going to follow you, last time you almost killed me and my passenger with your e85 burning lol.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Yeah it will be all in by next weekend hopefully!

Speak of hill country cruise, when is the next one? When I get my car fixed, I'll be coming down and seeing my friend Trent, I would love to take a cruise again!

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
dok33;1351766 said:
You'll have to be sure that you're faster than me then :stickpoke

Actually, I just have to keep up with you, there is a special technique that I learned....it's called a pit maneuver ;)

Yeah another hill county run would be pretty fun, but I hope it's going to be awhile cause it's too damn hot right now

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
frontierguy25;1351986 said:
Yeah it will be all in by next weekend hopefully!

Speak of hill country cruise, when is the next one? When I get my car fixed, I'll be coming down and seeing my friend Trent, I would love to take a cruise again!

Excellent! Create a thread (if you haven't already) so we can all see the progress!

Cruise will probably be in Nov again, we can check with Johnny D if he's still alive :biglaugh: I'm down for one at any time though, I hit Lime Creek a few times a month!

ihiryu;1352190 said:
Actually, I just have to keep up with you, there is a special technique that I learned....it's called a pit maneuver ;)

Yeah another hill county run would be pretty fun, but I hope it's going to be awhile cause it's too damn hot right now

Haha, that would give me an excuse to paint my slightly pink faded car red again so go for it :)

I've been drivin my Supra all week, no A/C and all:naughty: It is damn hot though, got home at midnight on Wednesday and it was still 92 outside:3d_frown:

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
especially in the morning, it's way too hot, can't stand it, that's why my Lexus get's most of the play

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
ihiryu;1350679 said:
the only front facing intake manifold (FFIM) that is available is the FSMoto intake manifold, but that in itself is like a thousand.

Yes and no. The FSMoto is the only advertised FFIM available for the 2JZGE. Unfortunately the FSMoto will not fit in the A70 Chassis. It barely clears in the A80/Z30. I have made my own, that fits in the MKIV/SC3, very similar to the FSMoto. But I don't plan on making more because I've been to busy with other projects.

Sethron made my 2JZGE A70 manifold, he does an excellent job, at a price that's hard to beat.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
dmadma60;1361605 said:
Congrats! Awesome results. What a monster that car is.

I'm the guy from last fall's Supra meet in Austin w/ the 1JZ Mk2.

Thanks! Looking forward to meeting up and cruising with you guys again! Love your car, light weight and a high rev limit is a nice combo :)

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Pulled some more timing last night (right at TDC now), seems to pull a little better on the top end so maybe I was getting some knock towards the end of the dyno run. Makes me wonder how much more power it would make now combined with a day when it wasn't 100 degrees in the dyno room :naughty: