5 Speed swap completed & Cruise control fixed!

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
Well I figured it out. I now have a 5spd, working reverse lights, cruise control is also working perfectly. I also have to push in the clutch to start the car, and when the cruise control is set, the clutch pedal cancels the cruise.

The CC fix was done by taking the two wires used for the neutral start switch(white and black wires from the 3 wire tranny plug), and routing them through
the clutch pedal start switch. Yep, that's all it takes. I figure when the pedal is pushed and the neutral start switch is connected, the car starts. When you let the pedal out after the car is started the ECU sees that the car is out of park and lets the cruise control engage. The clutch pedal also works as a cruise control cancel. This happens when you push the clutch in, the neutral start switch is engaged and the ECU thinks the car is in Park, thus canceling the cruise(The whole reason you don't have cruise control in the first place). I'm still in the process of cleaning up my wiring and I'm working on adding resistors to each of the shift solenoid wires to perhaps get rid of my tranny error codes. I drove the supra 500 miles home with the cruise engaged, I have no doubt that this is the fix. The question is how long will the clutch switch last with a higher amps running through it for the starter? Perhaps down the road I'll wire up a relay to fix this issue.

Chris D.
Idaho

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Okay so I'm in process of doing this.

here are the two plugs from auto tranny.
p826992_1.jpg

p826992_2.jpg

on my car w/original harness there is the 6 pin plug that is not attached to anything.

in second pic is the 6 plug that it should go to. which wires should I keep and what should I do with the others.

thanks,

George

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
spipedong;918063 said:
Yeah I know its an old thread...

How's the transmission working for you Chris?

The transmission is fine. The pressure plate is buggered up. Seems to
have a weak spring. I should have used my brain and installed a new complete unit. My transmission guy said your old clutch was near perfect.

So now I wait until spring to change out the clutch.

How the 1jz?

Chris D.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
thanks for the reference of wires, i'm gonna try to get my cruise control working again after my swap. i like my supra luxuries. for some reason, my O/D off light flashing stopped after a couple miles afterwards and i guess i got no tranny codes.
yeah you should relay that clutch switch. i have it just jumped for now, but i was going to relay it and hook up a hidden switch for theft purposes.